or Connect

Posts by jacksonn

SS12 - thanks. It was unmistakably a Cabourn jacket. I'd have spotted a rip off, no bother.
 All in the eye of the beholder... I saw a guy wearing that yellow-topped Cameraman a couple of years back in Newcastle and it looked excellent on him. I'd like to know the season it's from - looked old. His friend had a navy Mallory on. Not often you see two Cabourn items in the street side by side... Agree that the blue "camo"-style example is a bit, er, 'individual' though... I've noticed a lot of Camerman rip-offs this year, plus a few Mallory lookalikes. These are two...
Went to Army Gym last weekend. Liked the Authentic stuff very much but wasn't too impressed with the Lybro. Material a bit clunky. The grey Cameraman was very nice up close compared to the pictures, and there are some great Mallorys in there. Sweaters were excellent. The member of staff, who I've not seen in there before, wasn't good. Private conversation with a friend the whole time. They've been excellent on previous occasions though - he could have been a...
The issues with waiting for the sales are a) you might not be able to get the style and size you want; b) you're letting the whole season go buy without wearing the item; c) the psychology of the sale scenario can pressure you into buying an item you don't really want. I think if the general culture with Cabourn followers is to now wait for the sales, that says there's something wrong with the pricing. You shouldn't have to feel a bit of a mug for buying an item you love...
Re: Lybro; I'm expecting better to come from this collection, but at the moment all I'm seeing is MHL by Margaret Howell only not done as well. There seems to be something cheap looking and slightly ill-fitting about the Lybro - and it's not cheap; it's still MHL price range and above. I'm sure Lybro will get better as time goes on though - the underlying inspiration is ideal. Sorry to be negative - I'm also not keen on the photography and modelling these days. I await the...
Personally I'm not a big fan of the womenswear items in that shoot but I usually really like his women's clothing, so I'm prepared to hold judgement. Menswear-wise I'm hoping for better than I've already seen - and I'm sure there will be plenty. Will visit the shop in two weeks time, so hope to see some good items first hand. Not massively inspired by SS16 so far though - although as ever with Cabourn it makes a world of difference to see/handle the items close up.
Much as a like MH I often get a feeling, looking at the mens collections, that there's a bit too much of an "on the way home from school" vibe going on with it. But as ever there are some nice pieces there.
 I think the mixed denim shirt/jacket is great - I'd happily own one, but I'd probably like to grab it at discount because it'll be very long on me. That's the issue with the cut, for me. That said Nigel seems to wear it as a jacket and I could make that work for me. Or I could aggressively wash it and get some shrinkage. Going by his instagram, Nigel's washing a lot of items these days and obviously thinks this is a good thing. There is also a new pic up there of an...
I've very recently acquired the workwear blazer from the current collection. Very pleased with it. Great design touches yet pretty hardcore minimalism. Taped seams inside. It does very much resemble a 'real-life' workwear item. Quite a boxy fit even in small but that's a good thing with this piece.  
I think the Mallory crazies look way better in real life than they do on website images In fact the same goes for a lot of Cabourn items, especially AW stuff: you don't quite get how good they are until you handle them.