or Connect

Posts by jacksonn

I've very recently acquired the workwear blazer from the current collection. Very pleased with it. Great design touches yet pretty hardcore minimalism. Taped seams inside. It does very much resemble a 'real-life' workwear item. Quite a boxy fit even in small but that's a good thing with this piece.  
I think the Mallory crazies look way better in real life than they do on website images In fact the same goes for a lot of Cabourn items, especially AW stuff: you don't quite get how good they are until you handle them.
 If you just want the beeswax cotton re-waxed, you could send it to Otters re-waxing service (just google them). I recently did this with a SS14 Canadian Jacket, which is beeswax cotton, and they did a really good job using their own special product. This is a new generation version of beeswax which performs just as well but doesn't contain certain additives. If you wanted to do it yourself I'm sure they can sell you the wax - probably a lot better than using Barbour. I...
Update: Otters have done a superb job on this. The jacket (Canadian SS14 washed army) looks better than it did new, frankly. Loads of character in the new wax.
I've had many pairs of APC - I'd advise that you cold soak them in the bath as a first 'wash'. Agitate any areas that need attention but otherwise leave them to soak. There will still be shrinkage, but it won't be a severe as a machine wash, and the waist will stretch back fully. Other areas like thighs will stretch back but not so much. A machine wash almost turns NS into PS and the size will not come back. A lot is said about stretching with APC jeans. In my experience...
 Thank you Nick. Already done it and already had a great, detailed reply outlining not only the fact that this is perfectly do-able, but also the exact treatment the jacket will receive. For less money than Johnson's charged - including postage. (Gary from Otters was all too familiar with Johnson's related horror stories.) Johnson's should not be offering a service that they know next to nothing about. And by that I mean their front of house staff as well as those behind...
Well I said I'd let you know how Johnson's cleaners got on with re-waxing my SS14 washed army Canadian Jacket. The answer is it was a totally pathetic experience, with them taking three weeks to inform me that the re-waxing service have refused to do the job on the grounds that the jacket has "no lining". Whether it has a lining or not is completely immaterial to me. The jacket is a waxed jacket. It is supposed to be waxed. I thought I'd made it plain in the shop that I...
 Confusing pricing on the sweat, considering the button down collar shirt in the collection is £160. The shirt seems under priced (by Cabourn standards, this is) whereas the sweat seems over. Another triumph for the random price generator!
On a similar topic, regarding Mallory and the 1924 expedition, the BFI last year released a modernised version of Epic of Everest, shot in situ by Captain John Noel, which documents the three summit attempts. I reviewed it here: http://www.zyworld.com/albionmagazineonline/2014_cinema_the_big_melt_and_epic_of_everest.htm
Yes that's exactly it.