Posts by DJ Quaaludes

Yeah that is probably the case, as my feet definitely fall into the 'long/narrow' category.
 Interesting, as I'm definitely an 11 in some other RRL footwear (Bowery and Powell Chukka, with admittedly some room to spare in both, Clifton Boot) but in these my toes are definitely snug up against the front seam.  Wouldn't be surprised if there was some inconsistency in the sizing.
 Had ordered my pair before your post and they were out of the next size up so I was SOL.  Can confirm they run small.  If anyone is looking for an 11 let me know, otherwise they are going back.  Shame as they are pretty nice!  The leather they use for the sole is very soft and would have been comfy to kick around the house in.
 They are Levi's Vintage Clothing (LVC) 1969 606.  I like the cut a lot because its hard to find a slim jean with a true mid-rise.  Only thing I don't like about them is because they are 'vintage influenced' they only make them in their true to period Line-8 construction, meaning stitched bar tacking (no rivets) and zippered fly. Overall I find the cut superior to the RRL slim narrows for me at least (more tapered below the knee, slightly higher rise, without the oddly...
I too got the 30% off code luckily, was the twist in the arm I needed to snag the camp shoe :)   Casual Friday (RRL in pic is Bowery Boot, Indigo Linen Workshirt, Snap Shawl Cardigan).  
Was that the pair in size 11?  Kicked myself as I was thinking of picking them up and slept on em.  Though to be honest I have bought way too much footwear lately so it was probably for the best.  Let us know how they turn out as I haven't heard or seen the livingston talked about much on this thread. Does anyone happen to have the camp moc that appeared on the website recently?   http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=119214186&sProdEvar=Shopping+Bag
  Oh I wasn't actually being serious with my comments as 'I'd like to imagine' was the turn of phrase I used to more or less describe my personal fanboism running rampant.  It is fantasy, as is RRL in general (my weak hands are as soft as butter and certainly not truly befitting of the 'workwear heritage').  I full well know that in terms of long-term image and profitability of RL as a whole, that RRL has little to play in that.   I agree that RL, and many other brick and...
  How So?  Are you referring to reactions of the investors (stock has tumbled today, seemingly due to concern with Lauren exercising too much influence) or to people in this thread? I read his quote to mean they had disagreements over the image of the brand (consumer-facing) as well as design elements (creative direction).  To me his quotes sound like typical business speak when someone is trying to be nice to their outgoing CEO.  If he is correct in continuing the 'way...
 "You want to get rid of RRL?  Use cheaper fabrics?  Go downmarket?  That's it, you're fired!" I'd like to imagine it went something like that.... One of the things I've always admired about Ralph is his commitment to his company and it's image.  Not saying everything has been a success, as there certainly has been stretches of questionable decision-making.  Even in his late 70s he refuses to take a full step back and be a yes-man to whatever trend is hot.  I suspect a lot...
  Thank you for sharing this news.  I too was a bit skeptical when they hired Larsson, and wonder exactly what the disagreements between Ralph and the board were with him that resulted in his departure.