or Connect

Posts by DJ Quaaludes

Crappy (pun intended) bathroom pic, but thanks to @FJCruiser for the suggestion on the Levi's X Pendleton workshirt.  Great quality (stitching and deep indigo wool denim material used is on point) and MISUA, I highly recommend it to the RRL-heads here.   Paired with Fairmont wash RRLs.  
  That looks very similar to the McQueen 'Jeffries' coat I own, except without the flag patch and button detail.  I believe that model was called the Mulholland, but I'm not 100% sure.
Regarding sizing on the Norfolk sneaks, do those that have them and other RRL footwear find that sizing is similar?  I've found I take the same size in the Bowery/Clifton/Powells I have, so should I size similarly in the Norfolk?
 Does anyone know if the leather they reference is just from a specific region of France, or a specific tannery?  A little bit of research indicates that there is a 'tanneries du puy' which was recently bought out by Hermes.  Just curious as I'm not very knowledgeable in this area.  I agree it is the specific leather lining they use that leads to the overall comfort of the boot.  Comparing the lining of this to say, the Clifton boot, is night and day. Also curious as to...
  Yeah that's normal, it really shouldn't get much worse than that though.  Here's mine on the same side to give you an idea of what the creasing will look like. 
  As noted, I wear them quite a lot haha (wearing them today actually, just snapped these).  Also a cameo appearance by some garment-dyed officer chinos from a year or two ago.   
  Nice, yeah the Bowery's have an 'interesting' fit/last.  I know you mentioned they are stiff at first, but stick with them, they will quickly break in and be buttery soft in no time (unlike my cliftons, which are still pretty brutal).   No lie I have quite a few pairs of shoes and boots, and I wind up reaching for the Bowery's at least 3 days a week.
  Dang, was really hoping for vanity sized on these haha, oh well hopefully there is some inconsistency then.  Why some models are, and then some are TTS, baffles me.
  Thank you for posting this.  Just checked and they had a 32X32 left and I scooped it up.  Based on earlier reports of measurements I'm hoping that they really measure closer to an actual 34X34, which would be awesome.
  Yeah unionmade kinda blows.  They've cancelled orders on me, as well as sent the wrong items.  A couple of times I've attempted to call the store to try to resolve issues and they always seem/act like they are too busy to care or help.   They sure do curate some nice stuff, but you would hope their customer service would match their price levels.