or Connect

Posts by suitntieguy

I am going to order a handful of grenadine grossa ties and of the 3 I know of (Hober, E.G. Cappelli, or Exquisite Trimmings) who produces the best end product? Or is the best not on this list? Thanks in advance
Can we get interest in the following GMTO projects? 1) Cornwallis Cordovan - Open to color - Prefer Brown 2) Mora 2.0 in Black Cordovan I am open interested in one or both. Thanks
we think a like. I do wear more purple and pink though (neats and solids of course) but 50% of my ties are navy/blue. Red is not a great color for me for some reason. Don't ask me why. The only reason I am concerned about what the office thinks is that I am a partner of the firm and need to set the tone. 85% of shirts are FC. When a younger advisor wears something they shouldn't I do say something. It is for their own good. Kids dressing like they own the place,...
I work in a very conservative wealth management firm. It's a nice tie but I couldn't wear that. Not that anyone would say anything and I don't think others at the office or clients would even notice but I MUST always be in CBD and impeccably so. A lot of neat patterns and solid ties. In my business they (fill in the blank) want to see conservative but with attention to detail, slightly understated while somehow still looking sharp. If I am meeting with someone over 70 I...
@pkl - nice ties! What is the secondary color on the pink tie? Thanks
Bump to the top
I have 2 new Cappelli ties, both are unworn and great. The gray is an unlined 7 fold tie. Gray tie is $115 shipped in conus Blue tie is $75 shipped conus. Thanks for looking
All ties are in nice wearable condition all 4 ties shipped for $50 Brioni has a couple of hard to see pulls
Doing some more closet clearing after selling 50+ ties on eBay I thought ild try here too. I will list these on eBay later but will include free shipping and PayPal fees at a slight discount to the SF. Prices included well packaged shipping in the conus. I have perfect feedback on eBay without a lot of high end ties. Pink 7- fold kiton w/ nice teal and blue medallions - mint condition $SOLD Stefano Riici silver with blue and white flower pattern - very hard to notice...
Question, I am going to order a grenadine Navy and MIdnight Blue. Do you folks feel that either fina or grossa is more conservative. My thought is that fina is more conservative and CBD but with that in mind, order the midnight blue in fina and the navy in grossa as the slightly more vibrant shade of the navy would pop better in grossa albiet a little less conservative. Any reason not to go with a 3 fold lined? I am open to suggestions as I am a hober noob. thanks in...