or Connect

Posts by suitntieguy

I think I may be alone in this but I would be interested in a black suede Rutledge or black suede strand
I will be in the loop tomorrow for meetings and need an emergency shine on a paid of walnut cordovan strands. A google search of a qualified place to go turned up nothing. Anyone know where I can get a great shine tomorrow? thanks in advance!!!
I picked these Dark Burnished Chili Strands up at the $219 price. Nice shoe but see in the last two pics, the creasing. Not sure what causes this on a new shoe on some shoes or what the technical term is but it seems to occur on certain parts of a new shoe from time to time. Would you keep this pair? Last one in stock BTW
Yes, that was my point. The brown Harrisons are great shoes, in fact based on your photos I may buy a pair if the burgundy shell strand MTO falls through. But wear that combo to work. Wear the black to YOUR wedding. Contrary to many posts, it is the right shoe to be wearing on this occasion.
Frankly I don't see how the idea of brown shoes could even be considered. By this standard you should never wear black shoes. If your wedding isn't formal enough to call for black shoes then you shouldn't be buying black shoes to own in your rotation. Just rent a pair for your tux when you accept your oscar or something. Go with the black.
Agreed! Come on guys - any others?Just a suggestion. This thread has become a monster thread with lots of possible GMTOs going on at once. Can we post a new thread titled - AE Burgundy Strand MTO Sign-up and a new thread for each project. It would keep things organized and those that follow this thread regularly may be made aware of the various GMTO projects?
Thanks to your pictures I just ordered that chili strand - thanks buddy!!!!
Re: strand burgundy shell- I will be wearing these solely with suits so I vote for the darkest edge and most conservative look, anything deviating from that than I have to be out.
You mean another shell GMTO suggestion this week that ISNT a boot? I thought this was going to be renamed to styleforum for boot lovers only. Heck yeah, I am in. I need a brown shell.
I would be in on this too.