or Connect

Posts by Grove

Quite a few bits. Thankfully, for my wallet, nothing caught my eye. I imagine most of it will be on ebay next week.
 That's not a compromise I could make. Boots need to fit correctly both length and width otherwise I would pass/get rid. It makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would pay premium prices for a pair of ill fitting boots unless they are a collector who doesn't intend to wear them. 
1 inch space sounds too much to me. Most fitters and boot manufacturers recommend just one finger space.Unlace the boots and push your foot forward so your toes just about touch the end. You should be able to slide your finger down inside the walking boot at the heel with just a little friction. If there is the correct amount of space and the width is OK but they are still uncomfortable it may be possible to adjust with different insoles and lacing techniques. Also...
Anyone know details on the Fred Perry stuff? Where it's made, materials etc   Or is it just another branding excercise?
Best not to base judgment on how Craig wears it in the movie. He wore a size too small for the more static shots and then his regular size for the action stuff. I'm told he could barely move, let alone do it up properly in the smaller one. He must ahve kept or bought a larger jacket because I've seen him out and about in it locally.
After posting something on another thread I realised I've not seen any Christopher Raeburn on SF.   Is it down to lack of awareness or stockists in the States or is his stuff just too British for SFers?
Christopher Raeburn Sale Also reductions at Matches   Smock jacket and shorts are so good.
Like this but for 26°C ?
Dude said he was travelling, not paintballing or shooting up a high school. Style is obviously subjective but from  "My usual style is casual, maybe leaning towards the mod style a bit." I would suggest it's worth checking out Rohan. Ignore the dodgy website and styling. It's top quality technical clothing and the choice of many a seasoned proffessional traveller. Weight, pack size and drying time are stated for each piece and quality/durability is top notch. Tech with a...
 They were comfy from the off and I've worn them a fair bit with no problems. Then again, some of my mates said their Bosey's weren't great but I thought they were also pretty comfortable as far as Cons go.