or Connect

Posts by MrTopCat

Awesome! Maybe they listened to the suggestions we made on here. I'll most likely order a Soho sometime in the future using the design-your-own-suit feature, even if Madisons come back as a regular thing, mostly because the Soho lapels aren't too wide. Can't decide which fabric I want though.
Looks like Suitsupply hasn't given up on DBs just yet!   http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/new_arrivals/madison-blue-plain/P4890.html?cgid=new_arrivals   http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/new_arrivals/madison-grey-plain/P4889.html?cgid=new_arrivals
 They stopped releasing new DBs a while ago, none were released in Fall/Winter 2015 but one cotton Madison somehow was released in Spring/Summer 2016. Apparently the sales of their double-breasted suits weren't too great so they stopped making them, I'm hoping they'll add an option in the design your own suit configurator for DBs.
 I like it very much, it's my favourite suit so far, but my newest suit usually becomes my favourite  As for it being delicate, I'm not entirely sure, I don't plan to wear it too often anyway as it is a bold statement piece. It doesn't crease nearly as much as I thought it would, which was the main thing I was worried about. The fabric hangs well and is quite breathable too, the cool summer breeze felt amazing the last time I wore it as it was a fairly warm and sunny...
 I've replaced buttons on my Suitsupply overcoat because they were odd looking, good results and worth the extra effort in the end.
 For me the colour isn't the problem with this suit, the texture of the fabric just seems too Fall/Winter to be worn year-round. Also this depends on where you live too, I'm sure you could get away with it during cooler summer days in Canada or Norway or something.
 I own about 8 Suitsupply ties, but they're all the medium priced ones (£39/$69 USD/$69 AUD), all of which actually seem to be made in Italy. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the these ties and they always have some interesting fabrics/patterns/colours available. The widths of these ties are pretty spot-on for me, but can often be a bit too slim for some of Suitsupply's larger lapels (Madison fit), though they're still wide enough to look great with most of my lapel...
 Looking at the picture again I think you're right, although I'll still get it pinned up in-store just to see how it looks, as this is 0.5" longer than my usual length (28"). Also the proportions may look a bit different when worn with separate trousers, which I intend to do occasionally. Light grey is one colour I'm missing in my tie collection, I'll need to keep an eye out for a good one.  Awesome outfits! Dotted tie would be quite good, best would be a light grey tie...
Just got the new silk/linen/wool navy windowpane Hudson, I am extremely pleased with it!     I think I'll just get it shortened by 0.5", the sides taken in due to excess fabric at the back, and the trousers hemmed/cuffed (1.5" cuff).   I really do recommend it, as the fabric doesn't seem to crease as much as I expected and it has a really nice subtle glimmer/shine to it because of the silk (not sure how to describe it).   It's not as breathable as a typical...
I'm really liking that new windowpane Hudson. I actually may buy it as the fabric description says it is good for moderate temperatures. EDIT: I found out the fabric composition of the Hudson if anyone is interested, it's 54% silk, 27% linen and 19% wool. I bought a new SS tie in green, just thought I'd share some pictures. http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/ties/green-tie/D152078.html?cgid=Ties&prefn1=color&prefv1=Green   [[SPOILER]]  Considering another one now, what do you...