or Connect

Posts by MrTopCat

Looking at the picture again I think you're right, although I'll still get it pinned up in-store just to see how it looks, as this is 0.5" longer than my usual length (28"). Also the proportions may look a bit different when worn with separate trousers, which I intend to do occasionally. Light grey is one colour I'm missing in my tie collection, I'll need to keep an eye out for a good one.  Awesome outfits! Dotted tie would be quite good, best would be a light grey tie...
Just got the new silk/linen/wool navy windowpane Hudson, I am extremely pleased with it!     I think I'll just get it shortened by 0.5", the sides taken in due to excess fabric at the back, and the trousers hemmed/cuffed (1.5" cuff).   I really do recommend it, as the fabric doesn't seem to crease as much as I expected and it has a really nice subtle glimmer/shine to it because of the silk (not sure how to describe it).   It's not as breathable as a typical...
I'm really liking that new windowpane Hudson. I actually may buy it as the fabric description says it is good for moderate temperatures. EDIT: I found out the fabric composition of the Hudson if anyone is interested, it's 54% silk, 27% linen and 19% wool. I bought a new SS tie in green, just thought I'd share some pictures. http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/ties/green-tie/D152078.html?cgid=Ties&prefn1=color&prefv1=Green   [[SPOILER]]  Considering another one now, what do you...
 I'm 5'7 but I wear a size 32R so my jackets are slightly shorter, but I agree. We're lucky in that regard, as we don't have to worry about our Suitsupply jackets being too short.
 This Hudson looks incredible; I would've bought it if I didn't buy the brown three-piece Havana (similar fabric). Fits really well on you, and I don't think you need to shorten the jacket, but shortening it by 0.5" won't be noticeable in a bad way.
@Meermin   Dark brown suede Jodhpurs anyone?   Perhaps on the Hiro last with a rubber sole.
 I feel exactly the same. If they want to make their ad campaigns sexual that's fine with me, but they should at least do it tastefully. Seems to me that their Autumn/Winter campaigns are more tasteful though; Autumn/Winter 2013 was my favourite because it was just artistic and not sexual at all. The suit is okay, I can't justify paying that much for it though, especially since it is blended with polyester (even if that helps fabric structure or whatever).  If they added...
 Thank you!
 This looks amazing, I'll have to do it myself too. Anywhere in particular you'd recommend for finding some quality buttons similar to these (or exactly these)?
Suitsupply has rolled out a special "Design your own suit" online thing where you can choose a fabric, a fit, a waistcoat, and separate jacket + trouser sizes. 5-6 weeks delivery time.   http://eu.suitsupply.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-INT-Site/en_GB/ProductCustomSuit-Show?tid=suitconfigurator   For me I think I wouldn't choose this (maybe just once) since the amount I'm paying on top is not worth it, considering that I'm fine with the OTR stuff. I'd rather go...