or Connect

Posts by cvac

Ever heard of Boy Scout neckerchief slides? http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&C3=UNECKERCHIEFS&C4=&LV=3&item=14019&prodid=14019^8^01RTL& Also, look at the uniformed boy scout in the second photo on this page: http://www.boyscouttrail.com/boy-sco...ut-uniform.asp
Good, bad, any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Received 2 silk knits today - gray and black. Unfortunately, I missed the sale, but I think $40 was a pretty fair price on these given what other makers sell them for. Overall, I like them. Mine are made in Italy. One thing: the gray silk knit is a bit lighter in color than the picture.
I wear a 39S in some types of suits. They key is finding a brand that comes in this size. Usually you will end up paying more because odd sizes are seldom found in the discount rack. I've had more luck with the occasional generously cut 38S than fitting into a 40S jacket. Most 40S jackets are cut too large in the chest and shoulders for me. Once you find a suit that meets your requirements and fits you well in the neck, shoulders, and chest, you can measure that suit...
Be sure to check the paper sale tag on the sleeve and the manufacturer's tag inside the jacket pocket on the HF suits. Most of the suits are HF Ltd - Fused suits and not the fully canvassed mainline. If there is no model name listed for the suit, i.e. Cantebury, Madison, then it is an HF ltd.
For the shirt cuffs, are they tight around your wrist when buttoned or are they too loose? Also, I think a burgundy colored tie is fine, but I would stay away from any tie with a satin finish. A tie with a navy background will also look good with a charcoal gray suit.
There is too much break on the pants, IMHO. I would go for very little break. Also, if you got plain bottoms instead of cuffs, I would have the pants cuffed instead. It looks like the jacket is a little too tight across the lower back, hence the ripples/pulling there. From the back, it looks like the armhole/shoulder fit is also too snug, which is why you are getting a "dimple" on the sleeve head on your left arm when viewed from the back. I would probably go for a...
I can't post pictures b/c I don't have access to a digital camera at the moment. The suit is not fused - both the pinch test at the bottom of the jacket and the person who sold me the suit indicate that it is not fused. Also, The suit is not "bagged out" as described in this link: http://www.redmayne-tailors.co.uk/making.html The puckering problem doesn't look quite the same as the pictures I've seen of bubbled fusing. It is far, far less severe for one, and the...
After taking a non-fused suit to be dry cleaned at a supposedly reputable cleaner (they charged $20 to clean the suit), there is some tiny puckering in the quarters of the jacket, a couple inches under the pocket flaps. The suit had never been dry cleaned before and the puckering problem doesn't really seem to be occurring elsewhere on the jacket. The person who sold me the suit is very reputable and tells me they have never heard of this problem before in six years of...
I have a blazer, purchased about two months ago. I have only worn it twice and it has never been drycleaned. Yesterday, I took a look at the blazer and the inside lining is puckering (like small vertical ripples) in several places. I have no idea why this has happened. My fear is that the fusing is starting to bubble from the inside. Any thoughts on this? If it is bubbling, I would be pretty upset about it since I bought the jacket from a well known, reputable store and...