or Connect

Posts by SomethingWitty

Well, I never said anything about that... That's all good. But it doesn't automatically make for a great drag car. Kinda reminds me of the first-gen V8 Vantage or the E60/63 BMWs... Awesome sound when you hit the gas, but all of a sudden, you realize the speed you're at and the rate at which you got there don't quite equate to all that noise. 
 Yep, the SLS is a beast. To recycle a phrase from another thread, I've heard from a few guys that were pitched an  LFA that it's anemic (all passed). It's all show (aural) and no go.  It nice for a change to see just what all the different stats actually "mean". You can hear 0-60 in 3.2 or 4.7, but to most, that doesn't really translate into much more than one's quicker than the other... It's interesting to see just what that difference actually looks like. 
Just wiki'd it and Trump's yacht originally cost $100MM (he bought it used for $29MM; that hurts), so it would cost about $10MM to keep it fueled and crewed... Based on a $250k fill-up, that sounds about right. 
 I've always heard that a rough estimate to "keep it floating" each year will cost about 10% of the new price... This is supposed to cover fuel, crew, maintenance, etc. though I'm not sure what size threshold that is applicable for...  Obviously that doesn't cover depreciation. I've also been told that if it floats, flies or fucks, it's cheaper to rent it. 
288s are solidly $1.5 and many have eclipsed $2MM... That's up from ~$600-800 just a couple years ago.  Being the rarest and least, um, controversially styled of the supercars, they're finally getting the recognition many feel they deserve. The F40 / F50 and Enzo will all trade in roughly the same range ($1.5 to low 2s) and it mostly comes down to condition and history when they jockey values.  The interesting thing with the Ferrari market is there are really two separate...
To be clear, I don't think this GTO will hit $80MM, but some do. Personally, I think it will go just over $60, including bp. There are two confirmed (private) GTO transactions in the last year at $48 and $54 (IIRC), so considering the public accessibility and venue, I think some (perhaps newbie) buyers could get caught up in the auction hoopla (aka my dick is bigger) and bid it above where it likely would've transacted via more traditional means.  By ripple effect, I mean...
Stunning. Definitely in my top 5 best looking cars...  Your post goes back to mine about the ripple affect the GTO auction will have on the rest of the collector market. Depending on what it brings will trickle down to other vintage Ferraris and then be extrapolated to other marques.  For instance a steel SWB is generally 1/5 the price of a GTO... And a DB4GT is generally about 1/4 the price of a SWB... If the GTO hits $80MM (like some think), that could move DB4s quite...
You owe it to yourself to drive the V12 Vantage.   It's the last of the traditional "monster" Astons with a giant motor and proper manual. Also, prices are holding well at current levels - they don't appear to have budged in the last ~12 months, maybe even a little stronger - so even if you don't like the car, getting back out of it should be relatively painless, especially for someone familiar with Astons.    Vanquishes are gorgeous, but I'm sure you know it's best to...
This GTO has been quietly offered privately (as they usually are) for several years now. There are several reports of (honest, reasonable, "buy-it") offers being made, only to be countered by a figure 10-20% higher. There was also some issue regarding a previous lien that may or may not have been cleared up.  The thought is the car is being offered without reserve to regain interest from some of the 'real' buyers that had already heard or played the previous "make an...
Yes, Porsche still offers a 7-speed manual transmission, complete with a clutch peddle.  As previously mentioned, the PDK is one of the best out there, but if it doesn't work for you, Porsche still at least gives you the option.  Though something tells me from your posts that you'd be better off with a 997 GT3