or Connect

Posts by SomethingWitty

Yes, no need to remind me! :(  I owned the car for only about 6 months, back in 2011. Shockingly, at the time, I paid about $30k under MSRP for a 6 month old car with <3k miles on it... Things have changed!  I sold, banked the money I made on the car and later acquired a(nother) C4S coupe... Then our first daughter came, I felt obliged to get a sedan, went through a string of those and now we're a one-car household (my wife's SUV).  I still keep in touch with the current...
I've owned multiple 997s, including a .2 4S coupe and a .2RS. FWIW, the GT3RS has a more supple ride than a C4S with PASM in sport mode...  I suppose it would come down to personal tolerances, but I wouldn't shy away from any of these as a dd. 
 The 40-valve 4.2 V8 was all Audi, originally from their Quattro division where a version was initially developed for the DTM racing. A version of it has been used across the Audi lineup (S4 / RS4, A6, A8, Q7, R8)... It's a fantastic engine, especially in the RS4... Not sure it needed any 'magic' from Lambo.  I've never heard mention of it being considered for the Gallardo, though I could be wrong... Glad that didn't come to fruition; the Gallardo needed the V10... 
 I had the panamera when our first was born, so that was 3 years ago and my memory might be a little fuzzy, but the main issue we had was with the trunk being quite shallow. The stroller and some other items would only fit in a certain way and it was far from the most efficient. Since the trunk's not that big to begin with, it severely limited the overall utility of the car.  I didn't get to the point where it would be a concern, but I imagine any of the typically larger...
 Many of the sports cars are developed with the engine and transmission as a 'system' (torque curves, shift points / gearing, etc). Despite the cries of 'enthusiasts' over the death of the manual, those same people don't seem to buy new cars, so their cries are irrelevant to the manufacturers. FWIW, I expect fully 3/4s of GT4s to be spec'd with the PDK. At least.    Congrats on number three. I can't fully admit it to my wife, but my concerns over vehicle options are right...
 Now that we can all agree on something, perhaps we should move this thread back on topic.   Which is the more exciting sports car release yesterday - Ferrari 488, or Porsche Cayman GT4?  The Ferrari is significant in that it's expected to completely move the goal posts as far as performance in this segment, by doing something not seen in a mid-engined Ferrari for a long time - adding turbos. Mclaren and the rumoured-to-be-coming mid-engined Porsche 960 should be able to...
 That's kinda the point...   So how do you expect the 488 to fit into these two types of applications? Obviously power is way up, but displacement is way down and so is the redline... Does that combine for even better, or suckitude? 
As Finn said, the Ferrari is (very, very high) seven figures alone... The whole lot is easily mid-eight figures.    Depending on how long they've sat (I haven't read the article yet), they might have just be 'old cars' at the point they were shuttered in the barn. There's no shortage of barn-find stories, and the common theme seems to be that they were forgotten - and lost - at a time when they really weren't anything special (or valuable). While the values are currently...
  But the Speciale A doesn't come with a manual transmission.  He should just dump the 16M anyways and get something with a manual transmission. You know, a real drivers car! 
 A few years back, my townhouse had a fireplace placement similar to the one in the OP. I had the same idea; replace the fire box with something more modern and low, thereby increasing the space above the fireplace to allow for a lower mount. I got several quotes and they were all in the $7-10,000 range which seemed too steep for a place I wasn't staying in long term and I didn't feel the change would be appreciated enough to recapture the value at resale time. There was...