or Connect

Posts by SomethingWitty

Plus, they serve alcohol on the architecture tour. So there's that too... 
Really liking the East Hampton and SLC houses just posted.    Eagerly awaiting StephenHero to tell me why I'm wrong... 
 I've always thought of leasing as a hedge against depreciation, regardless of the residual amount.  If Audi is being too conservative with a 48% residual, your resulting payments are just building equity that you should be able to access upon disposition of the vehicle. As long as you're not concerned about a $20 or $100 difference in your payments - and really, if you are, you should look at something else entirely - you'll get it all back at the end. It's not like...
The cars are from the Richard Berry collection. They've been available for some time, but RM 'won' them. 
Why not? Unless you're concerned about optics, which I can sort-of understand, there's no reason to not DD a 997. 
Papaya Orange is the McLaren racing color...  Generally, I'm a fan of exotic cars in exotic colors... To me, something like a 675, or an Aventador, or a Speciale, or a GT3 has to be be in a crazy color. 
 That is the "market leader", price-wise. I was offered a car with lower miles last week for significantly (way, way) less. A colleague has a 991 RS arriving in 4-5 weeks. He's received offers of $50,000 over MSRP. 
 Yes, no need to remind me! :(  I owned the car for only about 6 months, back in 2011. Shockingly, at the time, I paid about $30k under MSRP for a 6 month old car with <3k miles on it... Things have changed!  I sold, banked the money I made on the car and later acquired a(nother) C4S coupe... Then our first daughter came, I felt obliged to get a sedan, went through a string of those and now we're a one-car household (my wife's SUV).  I still keep in touch with the current...
I've owned multiple 997s, including a .2 4S coupe and a .2RS. FWIW, the GT3RS has a more supple ride than a C4S with PASM in sport mode...  I suppose it would come down to personal tolerances, but I wouldn't shy away from any of these as a dd. 
 The 40-valve 4.2 V8 was all Audi, originally from their Quattro division where a version was initially developed for the DTM racing. A version of it has been used across the Audi lineup (S4 / RS4, A6, A8, Q7, R8)... It's a fantastic engine, especially in the RS4... Not sure it needed any 'magic' from Lambo.  I've never heard mention of it being considered for the Gallardo, though I could be wrong... Glad that didn't come to fruition; the Gallardo needed the V10...