or Connect

Posts by Isbister

I miss it too. There is nothing that they now sell that I can think of as 'Burberry'. Their shareholders are happy though, for now - the share price is four times what it was in 2006. It probably makes sense for them to make things in China, as that's increasingly where their market is too.
Expensive shoes should not crease like that - these look like seconds. Church's appear to be using parts of the hide that the top-end makers discard - even at the highly discounted price you paid, I would say they are pushing it.
 A lot of it will date to the 70s or earlier, so will be dated in every way. Fit is always a problem and jackets and coats are frequently incorrectly sized - it's something to be checked in detail with the vendor by asking for very precise measurements - chest, under-arm, collar to cuff, back etc. Finding good stuff on ebay takes great perseverance and some luck. There is always the risk of moth and seams that are about to come apart, together with grime, filth and staining.
Don't be taken in - Burberry lost their integrity years ago, it's a completely empty fashion label trading on empty promises. Their garments have very little functional utility these days - their only premise is to take money from gullible foreigners.
 Seems possible. Or - perhaps - not mislabelled, just wrong shoes in the box?
 John White of Northampton ... made in Portugal I believe (or Taiwan?)
 I'm not the speaking clock tell-me-my-weight machine.
 I wonder if the tweed they wore was imported from Britain, or whether the Boers in fact had their own tweed weaving operation? It's quite possible as they had been out there for hundreds of years and were necessarily quite self-reliant, and I believe they kept sheep (and still do). It would be interesting to know.
 Some of their tailoring was done by Mears of Walsall. The Kings were never very open about who did their tailoring, but since their demise, various facts have emerged which reflect quite poorly on the Kings - although who knows what desperate turn of events precipitated their apparent decline? I had a couple of sports jackets made by Bookster, then stumbled across Mears by chance, and they made me a hacking jacket. I was interested to find they were both quicker and...
 Judge? Last thing I would dream of doing ...