or Connect

Posts by Isbister

It was - look for 'keeper's tweed'. There are two weights - 750 and 1000.   Edit: They've changed their website somewhat, but both weights are still there under the 'hunt fabrics' pop-up gallery.
Seconds are normally marked in some way - stamped with 'S' or 'SUBS'. Many of the 'faults' are quite difficult to identify.   200 euros is a very good price - the normal retail price would be £375 or more.
  It's too cheap - and who knows whether it is really made in Scotland? Judging by the photos on the website, fit isn't much of a priority. 
For what it's worth, they look genuine to me, the toe shape is very characteristic. Perhaps they were seconds? Did you buy them on e-bay?
They used to have a shop in Piccadilly, a long time ago, which was very good - lovely saddlery, bridlery, clothes etc.   Very different now - I got the impression the staff were completely uninterested and somehow the shop has lost its integrity.
Mears Bespoke   I recommend Mears to anyone interested in having a tweed jacket made. They are MTO rather than bespoke and their website is somewhat cumbersome, but what they do they do very well. I've had a couple of jackets made, one for hacking out in (1000 gram thornproof) and the other an everyday Harris.  
That's very poor, but I have to say I am not surprised. I used to visit SAB quite a lot years ago when they had their original shop on Piccadilly and in those days they were a very genuine firm, making all their own saddlery and bridlery and with a good stock of country-type clothing, shoes etc.   Since that shop closed, the firm is a mere shadow of its former self and the staff have no particular product knowledge or interest in their market. Everything seems to be...
No. I would think they would be difficult to fake convincingly (unless you've never seen real Tricker's). Is there anything (other than the sole stitching issue) that might lead you to suspect they are fakes?   One or two Northampton firms make shoes that are quite similar to Tricker's in some ways, but they're not that close.
Neither did I - I've got no idea what he's talking about, it all sounds like varieties of ice cream.   I'm a little sceptical of the extravagant promises concerning bodily imperfections - nor does the 'pajama like and sweatsuit like' modifier inspire enormous confidence in the Neapolitan cut.
That seems excessive wear for just two months, although the red Dainite soles are a little softer than black and sepia soles. Have you worn them across excessively harsh or abrasive surfaces, eg. granite boulders? If not, I would return them to Tricker's - possibly they sewed the soles with insufficient tension.   Here are my 10 year-old Dainite-soled Loakes:       And here are some two-year old Sargents:       Although the studs are worn down across the middle of the...