or Connect

Posts by Isbister

Why don't you try googling? Quite a few places sell them - Pediwear have a few, as do Bodileys and I suspect the Shoehealer does as well.
 Discoloration? Deal with scratches? The reason they cost so much is that you aren't meant to worry about trifles such as fair wear and tear. Leather briefcases are meant to age, not be kept in pristine condition. Why pay so much to have a thing made almost indestructible, but then keep it in cotton wool? Much as I enjoyed the very good review a few posts back, it struck me as slightly odd to have an almost vintage case in as-new condition - that's quite wrong in my...
The real problem seems to start beyond UK size 12. I'm a 12.5 - 12 is too small, 13 can be a trifle loose on the foot. Those (very) few makers who go up to 13 seem to skip 12.5. Loake go up to 13 in quite a range of styles, some in E fitting and some in G. Crockett & Jones and Edward Green make only a few models in 13, while  both Cheaney and Alfred Sargent used to but no longer go beyond 12. I refer to RTW, of course - much more becomes possible if you pay extra for MTO. 
 That's interesting - Grenson seem to have gone downhill a bit in recent years, but my first pair of Oxfords, bought in 1975, were tan Grensons. The stitching was superb - 16 to the inch or thereabouts. I had the shoes until very recently; they had developed a wonderful patina.
I too have visited the new factory. It's significantly larger, better planned and more airy than the old factory, which is chaotic in the extreme. I think it is highly encouraging and a very positive development for the company. A full report will appear soon.
 That's what I resent - a quality product has been debased into a fashion item. I don't mind the shareholders and banks being happy though - I just hope they enjoy it while it lasts.
 Further to Simon A and OlSarge's good advice, I would say do not choose a cloth without first acquiring as many swatches as you feel you can reasonably ask for - you need to see and feel it in your hand.
I've just been looking at their website, in the hope that I might be mistaken, but assuming you live somewhere where it may be cold or is likely to rain, they seem to sell no outerwear at all that will keep you either warm or dry during the winter. It's a little disappointing, as the website makes more than a few references to the firm's heritage as a trench-coat maker, but I saw nothing at all that I would trust for a blustery March day in London, never mind winter in...
Childhood origins of my own interest in tweed: