Posts by Isbister

Of course they are, that is not in question. Having visited the factory a few times I am loosely acquainted with one or two people there and am wondering about drawing their attention to the issue -  they look at threads such as this from time to time anyway. The PR company would be writing at the level of the 'average' C&J customer, whatever that might be - someone who rolls up in Jermyn Street and is happy to pay £400 a pair, in return for which no doubt they expect...
Thanks for your kind words DWFII. Do take care now.
For one thing, there would be a difficulty in finding agreement, certainly as far as I am concerned, on what criteria to assess - there is the method itself but then there are other factors connected with that, none of which should be considered in isolation. Then there is the apparent paucity of verifiable information. Thirdly there is an officiousness on the part of some of the arguees that makes for a poor debate.  
On the basis of many other recent posts, I'm now of the opinion that pursuing this particular line of enquiry is unlikely to be very fruitful, for anyone.
 If you're referring to my earlier post, I did not, as it happens, intend to state that GY is (necessarily) superior, but rather was questioning an earlier statement that hand-welting is objectively superior - the first proposition might seem to follow from the second of course but that was not what was meant. It was the use of the adjective that struck me as inappropriate, because as far as I knew, and I don't think anyone since then has brought forth information to the...
I was the lucky recipient of the travel razor (post  no.6). It gives a particularly good shave, close and comfortable, so much so that I use it every day, not just when travelling, but mounted on the heavier handle of my Ikon razor. In fact I have two Ikons - they are beautifully made, but for me, I find just rather too fierce - there is slightly too much blade and I frequently end up with cuts and nicks with them.   When flying, a single wrapped blade concealed in the...
   I think you're possibly reading more into what you have found than is there. Crockett & Jones is not a very big company - certainly not what would be generally understood as a 'corporation' in US terms. The information on their website was in all likelihood written and prepared by a small independent PR company, then sent back to C&J to be 'approved' and then put up. I doubt whether a social historian was involved in writing it, and the Goodyear illustration just looks...
^ Just said it above; same applies to you.
^ If you think that firms such as Crockett & Jones have any wish to, or are even capable of spinning such a web of deceit as you imply, you're even more paranoid and deluded than I suspected.
Dear God, you people ...