or Connect

Posts by Isbister

My recent visit to Tricker's factory shop has raised some rather niggling questions for me. Six months ago there was a small article in the business section of local (Northampton) press, concerning a company restructuring or refinancing, that I noticed but had discounted.    From St Michael's Street, the factory presents an impressive facade of glazed brown brickwork, extending several stories upwards and quite a distance from side to side, but visitors to the factory...
 I have a few overcoats with buttoned vents, but the buttons are inwards-facing so not noticeable.
I have AS veldtschoen in both boot and shoe form. The method of construction is absolutely watertight - I was in the Peak District last weekend and after a whole day trekking through mud, my boots were entirely dry inside.    Wading through ankle-deep water might only prove a problem in that water might be able to get past the tongue, which is only a half-bellow. I believe the old Lotus boots had fully bellowed tongues.   The leather itself is just ordinary zug grain,...
 Leather to Dainite is perfectly straightforward - something I've had done twice with AS brogues. I've also had commando-soled shoes swapped to double leather.
Well that was the explanation they gave me in the factory when I took the photograph that you borrowed for your earlier post! 
Actually it's nothing to do with avoiding waste. The tongue and the rest of the uppers are identical leather and all start off the same colour; the tongue, however, has to be stained before closing as otherwise the stain would mark the lining.
More recent review of Horace Batten:   http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/riding-boots-leather-horace-batten/
 That's lovely cloth. I disagree about the sleeves needing to be shortened - I would leave them as they are. Dry cleaned? Never do that to a new jacket
Someone else on AAAC discovered that the following firm made trousers for Bookster: http://elitetrousers.co.uk/?page_id=6. Can't say whether they will still have your shade of blue, however.
I would give some thought to the possible down-side of achieving your goal. Is it really worth it?