or Connect

Posts by aaronjared

The 269 sole is the one I'm going to have put on my natural CXL bounty hunters when I take off the commando mini lug.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/219173/custom-whites-boots-thoughts/3795#post_7166018 http://www.styleforum.net/t/219173/custom-whites-boots-thoughts/4005#post_7207839   These are non celastic with a toe cap.  Would be interesting to see them after a year.
I have the commando lug sole on my Bounty Hunters, and they're about 1 year old.  I think it's the best looking sole offered, but I do also believe the Boston winter ruined them.  They started squeaking, and I think it's because some moisture got beneath the half sole and started to rot the leather (not to mention the snow removed a lot of dye from the sole edging but this can easily be fixed).  I'm going to send mine in for a resole this week and get one of the full...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whites-Boots-Semi-Dress-Natural-Horween-Chromexcel-5-top-size-8-E-/261653025104?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cebbc5150   These are going to make someone very happy.
I have mixed feelings about the soles.  I think they are the best looking option, but the performance has left me feeling like they're not the most functional choice.  I wouldn't want them for a pair of dedicated work boots, but for my casual daily/office wear I should get 2 full seasons out of them before they need to be resoled.  I'm not sure if I will get them again, although I've heard that Whites has plans to stop offering them.  It could be that they have had a...
Thanks!  Yes, they have the mini lug half sole with the single midsole.  It looks like double leather but they add that thick strip because the mini lug is pretty thin, and the result is that the heel doesn't appear to be so tall compared to other half soles.  The rubber compound is pretty soft and I think has worn down kinda quickly.  There isn't much left in the middle, although the edges still have plenty left.  They mark floors terribly for the first couple months but...
Actually I think this comparison picture shows pretty nicely what natural CXL can look like in a year.  The first picture was after owning them about a week.  The lighting is different in the two pictures, but you can still get a good feel for the golden color of the leather.  I couldn't be happier with the CXL.  People complain about the scuffing, and I would agree that they do scuff a lot more easily than my packers in brown smooth, but the beauty is that almost anything...
Since we're talking natural CXL, here are mine.  Brought them out about in mid September because it's been cooling in New England and have been wearing them daily.  Treated them over the weekend lightly with Saphir Renovateur and a good brushing because they seemed a bit thirsty, and used some brown edge dressing to get them looking like new.      
I had experienced a similar fitting problem.  When I sent in my tracings to White's I was fitted for 8C, and even though the boots were comfortable enough to wear they never felt quite right.  I sent in tracings to Baker's and was fitted for 8.5C, and it's made a world of difference.  I suspect that because the first boots were soft toe they were able to stretch enough in the front to accommodate the crowding, but in retrospect I probably should have sent them back with...
I really like the look of British Tan, and it's one of the finalists for my next pair.  Yours look great.  Not a lot of people seem to own British Tan, so the consensus on my question is suspect at best.  I've heard that this particular leather is susceptible to developing water stains in the toe that can range from being annoying to correct to practically unfixable.  Has this been your experience?