or Connect

Posts by breakaway01

Charles Tyrwhitt extra slim fit shirts do not have back pleats, but they do have back darts. As you mentioned that your lower back curves in, you may well need darts to take in fabric there. I have very similar proportions to you (5'10", 145 lb, 15.5" neck, 37" chest, 30" waist) and these shirts fit me OK.    I measured one of my CT shirts (ESF, 15.5" neck) at 22" chest and 19.5" waist. This is a bit roomer than I'd like in the chest and waist, but IMO they are a...
 I used this to fix pulls in a grenadine tie. Worked great.
Aren't you applying for medical school? If so, academic physicians can be pretty conservative. It's not life or death, but I would recommend avoiding a DB suit if you have a decent SB suit in navy or grey.
Very interesting. Do you have any plans to offer sole options (Dainite, commando, etc)?
I have not bought any Meermins so I can't say from experience, but from looking through the Meermin thread I don't think their standard line of shoes is heads and shoulders above AE/Loake. The hand welted Linea Maestro is probably better. I agree with Jubei that for your first shoes you are probably better off getting AE/Loake or a similar RTW shoe. Just to throw one more variable into the mix, I have generally chosen shoes with Dainite or rubber soles because I'm also a...
It may depend on where the OP lives. If he has a good selection of retail shops nearby then yes, it makes sense to try on shoes in person and I'd agree with trying that first. However, where I live I haven't seen many decently constructed CBD shoes other than AE at the ~$300 price point, and I am just not a fan of AE's captoe shoes.    I have ordered 3 pairs of Loakes so far in 3 different lasts, and it was really not that hard to get my size right after doing a little...
Have you read through this thread yet?   Lots of people really like AE shoes--if you have a store nearby that carries them (e.g. Nordstrom) it'd be worth checking them out in person. You can often buy AE factory seconds at good prices.   I like Loakes personally. The Aldwych is a classically styled captoe oxford and IMO a good shoe for the price. I'd suggest sizing down 1 full size from your US shoe size. Herring Shoes and Pediwear are two good places to buy from;...
 Good to see you here too, and thanks for the referrals. 
 I have used one of these to fix a pull in a grenadine tie -- it worked really well.
 Honestly, as an academic physician who conducts medical residency interviews, I would say that the suit doesn't matter. Buy something that you like and that fits you well. 99% of medical students applying for residency don't have/can't afford suits as nice as Oxxford and Brioni--in fact the great majority are OTR department store/Banana Republic/J. Crew suits. Most of the suits that I see don't fit all that well, but I never hold it against the applicant--after all, in...