or Connect

Posts by Neognosis

Seiko SARG007 out sledding with the kids
 If that's enough to ruin a pair of boots, they are crap boots and nobody should buy them again ever.  The soles will be fine, just (as mentioned) lay them on their sides at the end of the day and don't wear them until they completely dry out again. I put topies on my leather soled wolverines. I regret it.  Wearing leather soles in wet weather WILL wear them out sooner than if you wore them only in dry weather. But the sole is a sacrificial and replaceable item. I don't...
My two military inspired watches on their custom straps made for them. Each watch under 500, straps around 100 -150
Thank you, and indon't mind at all. The olive brown with the skulls was last year, but IIRC it cost somewhere around sixty USD. The stingray was a 140.I will buy another from darkshadees at some point. He's very easy to work with, creative, and his stuff is very overbuilt and well done. I really like that he will look at pics of your watch and make something that compliments it, or brings something new to the look.The only thing is that shipping from wherever he is from...
double post
I second that. Leave them untreated, and do nothing to them other than oiling them every few years. Unless you are working in the dirt in them outside for hours a day on a regular basis. They don't need any treating.   My opinion on this is frequently shouted down, but I feel that people should know that I've been wearing the same pairs of boots for years and I don't do much more for chromexcel other than brushing them after wearing them all day and applying some...
And, by pure coincidence, a second strap from him arrived today. For both straps, I told him the general feel I was going for, the lug width, and sent photos of the watch. This one is for my Hamilton military diver, the khaki scuba King. He came up with black stingray with a central raised ridge and white contrasting thread. His presentation is nice too.
My apologies, I got my forums mixed up, I thought I was on watchuseek. So, darkshadees is not a member here, but rather over there. I can out you in touch with him if you like.Here are two of a strap I bought from him last year for my Seiko sarg007.
I ordered a strap custom made by dark shades, a member on this forum. It took a long time to get to the us from Eastern Europe, but well worth the wait. It is my favorite strap by far. Email him a picture of your watch and just let him go to work. Odds are you will be very pleased.
I ordered a strap custom made by dark shades, a member on this forum. It took a long time to get to the us from Eastern Europe, but well worth the wait. It is my favorite strap by far. Email him a picture of your watch and just let him go to work. Odds are you will be very pleased.