or Connect

Posts by Neognosis

I used to discount a watch if it didn't hack and handwind.   I've since changed my mind.    When I was new to having an automatic, I used to like to play with it and sync the seconds, track the accuracy using an iphone app, open the caseback and adjust things, etc.   Then I got a second and I used to keep both automatics would all the time, even when not on the wrist.   I'm over that now.I just let the one I'm not wearing run down if it is off wrist for more than...
Thank you, the advice is much appreciated. I'll continue to monitor this thread, and hopefully contribute some pictures in the fall.
I wear a 9 1/2 E in Allen Edmonds 65 last. I have a pair of 10D wolverine 1000 miles, but they are too big, and a pair of redwing beckman's in 10 that are too long and too narrow. I am interested in leather soul's ultimate Indy, but barring that, something on a commando sole. So, just starting research in preparation for a late summer/early fall purchase.
though that was not directed at me, I'll respond by saying that for me, I can fit a 9D Barrie, but a 9E Barrie is more comfortable. So, I think I'll try a 9D Truebalance.   Thoughts?
Ditto
I've seen that video and read that article before. Again, with all due respect, I'm not impressed. I also noticed this in the article:    IMO, just because something is difficult and takes a long time, that does not make it automatically desireable or superior. However, I understand the bit about "patina" over time, I'm just not really attracted to it. But, as I said, everyone has their tastes, and mine happens to be different in this case. As far as I'm concerned with...
With all due respect, I don't understand this Shell obsession. I have only one pair of aldens, and I like them very much and intend on buying more.   I had the opportunity to buy some shell LWBs from Alden DC, and passed and instead chose to buy some in Kudu. It was my first time seeing shell, and honestly, it looked like the cheap plasticy leather one finds on sub 100 dollar shoes.    I read on these forums that you shouldn't get it wet either.    This is one...
SEIKO!!!
I'm a size 9 1/2 E on Allen Edmonds 65 last, as well as on a brannock.    However, the 9 E retros I was sent to try on had me sliding around in them. Even with my typical boot sock.   I do have a pretty high arch as well.    Well, they should be here early to mid june, so we'll see. So much of it is due to the particular shape of each foot, and where the widest part of your foot lines up with the widest part of the shoe too....
That's interesting... I'm a 9E on the Barrie, but the 9E in white's retro oxford was too big. I ordered a 9D.    Hopefully it will work out.