or Connect

Posts by Neognosis

Well, I can't fool myself any longer. My retro oxfords are simply too tight. I should have gone to an E width.    Bakers offered to stretch them for me. I will likely send them in next week, after things at work calm down a little.    However, the sole itself is even not wide enough, in my opinion.    Before I send them in, is anyone interested in a size 9D british tan retro oxford?
If I had 1000 dollars for a watch today, I would buy the Hamilton Pan Europ.   I'm a huge fan of Seiko, Orient, and Hamilton. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those.   I'm wearing my Hamilton Khaki Scuba King right now, in fact.
Thank you, duly noted.   I will give it a try ASAP.
Thank you for the advice.   My feeling is that I don't want to have to reapply gold bond powder just to make a squeek go away. Isn't that going to me messy anyway?   I've worn them for maybe ten 8 hour days, and the squeak appears around 11:30 consistently. How much longer do I have to put up with this or use gold bond powder?   I'm just returning them. If they won't take them back, I'm ripping all the insole out and having a cobbler put a leather insole in for me. 
  I am struggling with a pair of Brooks Brother's captoes right now. they have not one, but TWO layered spongy rubber insoles, which are AWFUL. For one, they feel like walking on goop. Some people might like the spongy feeling, but I find it disconcerting, as i like a hard leather and cork insole. Second, they cause a horrible and very noticeable squeek when my socks get damp from perspiration. They compress so much on every step, that my sock rubs against the heel...
I'm resurrecting this thread to say that I just bought, online, two pair of jeans from Jcrew:   a pair of wallace and barnes slim selvedge jean in white oak cone denim for 70 dollars, and pair of jcrew something or other bootcut jeans for 25 dollars. So, two pairs for under 100 dollars, one of which is made in the US. So, we'll see how they fit and whether or not I keep them. But, 25 dollars for jeans... had to take that risk. And 70 dollars for US made jeans... I also...
[IMG] Almost a month in, every other day wear
  I think you want a Red Wing Beckman in black.
Received this orient producer for Father's Day. At first I felt lukewarm about it, but it quickly grew on me.
I have an Orient Producer (bought on massdrop earlier this month) arriving tomorrow. I'm excited.