or Connect

Posts by Neognosis

How so? What's wrong with the Red Wing Heritage line? 
I'm out. This is way too much work and expense for a pair of boots.
We are arguing semantics here.   When a manufacturer makes false or misleading claims, they should be held accountable. To imply that they are not is, in a sense, failing to hold them accountable.   Should a consumer exercise due diligence when considering a purchase? Of course. But should a manufacturer be allowed to make false claims? Certainly not. And when they do and a consumer is taken advantage of, the blame is not with the consumer, it is with the party that...
 No, I bought these back in January, and they were wrinkled before the riding season even started (here in New York). I'll post a picture.  It seems, from what I've read in this thread, to be characteristic of parts of the hide from the belly.  False. When you are sold a bill of goods that do not meet what was advertised, you have the right to point the finger right at the manufacturer who sold you the crappy object. For the sake of brevity, I did not mention that these...
Let's take a step back here for a moment and try to approach this like a regular Joe, instead of a shoemaker.   Six months ago the boots I had been wearing for six years every day, day in and day out, wore a hole through the vamp on my motorcycle foot controls. I thought I would replace them so as not to have my sock exposed through the hole.   I wanted to buy American if possible, because I am an American and I believe in supporting my own economy. I like to buy...
I'm not as concerned with where they get the materials from as I am with how they dispose of the materials. While there is no perfect way to dispose of noxious chemicals and whatnot, some ways are less damaging than others. While I"m not an expert, I suspect that a tannery in chicago has "cleaner" practices and disposal methods than, say, a tannery in India or someplace in China.  I suspect it is partly because of the aforementioned regulations regarding worker health and...
I have a pair of wolverine 1000 miles that are made with Horween chromexcel. The right boot is absolutely horrible. The leather is very wrinkly. At the start of this thread, I learned that is likely due to the leather being from the cow's belly or shoulder.    That speaks lowly of Wolverine for buying and using that leather, but does it also speak lowly of Horween for even selling it? 
I'm sorry, can you elaborate on what you mean by "glad you feel better?"   Over the vagaries of electronic communication, I can't tell if you are being genuine, or if you are making a snide comment.   The Dress Brown leather White's uses comes from Tasman Leather Group in Portland, Maine.   However, a look at their website makes me think that they might not be tanning the leather there, and it might be imported....   Oh dear... their literature contains phrases...
 I disagree.  If their alternative is working at a WORSE job, then we should also boycott those products as well. There is not purely a question of POVERTY in India, but one of a gigantic wealth gap. When the relatively wealthy people who own the manufacturing facilities realize that they cannot sell their products until they improve conditions for their workers and their environment, they will do so. But you have to make the choice between making less profit or making no...
that's seven posts, eight including this one, that are NOT in any way about boots.   I suggest we cap it off there and at least TRY to keep this thread on topic. If not about the boots themselves, maybe about the leathers or something?   Please?