or Connect

Posts by auto90403

Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack much like women Yeah, I was going to add that. Only with women (some of them, anyway), once I've fucked them I wonder why I was attracted in the first place. With clothes, I still like them. But the fever's broken and I'm no longer obsessed -- with that item.
Quote: Originally Posted by cheessus Despite their ridiculously high prices for stuff that isn't great enough to justify them and the fact that a lot of douchebags work there, I find myself going to Whole Foods a lot because the number of hot chicks that are always there is mind-blowing. Or is that just a NoVA thing? For those of you in Old Town Alexandria, go during lunch and you'll see what I mean. Not true for Tenleytown or P street....
My friends who went to Dartmouth always say that no matter how outrageous and embarrassing their drunken behavior, everyone in the class did exactly the same thing at least once, wiht one person doing something so spectacularly over-the-top that their drunken fuck-up will be long forgotten. Don't sweat it. What you did in HS, they're waiting to do in college sometime before they come home for Thanksgiving break. And once they've done it, they'll never remember that...
Because you're off coveting something else that you now can't live without? At any time, I have an item or two of clothing or shoes I'm jonesing to buy. Right now it's a pair of 6-inch lace-up boots. I've convinced myself that once I acquire the perfect pair, my need for additional shoes is over and I can go 5-10 years before I even need to think about buying more shoes. Of course, once I've found the perfect pair and actually bought them, I'm close to having lost...
Quote: Originally Posted by hughesbryant Thanks for that response... I didn't mean it as being pretentious. I said it figuring that people in the forum would understand the different private school clothing style between it and other privates. It's extremely different. BTW.... alot of kids go to PE on scholarship, me being one of them. Thank you enormous endowments hah. Hey OP, Does PEA still have a coat-and-tie dress code? I'm...
I have 4-5 pairs of shoes/boots from the old New & Lingwood (before the South Africans or wherever they were from, bought them) that are at least 25 years old and going strong. Shoe trees, new soles/heels as needed and regular application of leather condition and I expect them to last me another 25 years. All my salesmen moved over Cleverley. They took my business with them. My oldest Cleverleys go back about 14 years.
I just returned from a week of wandering around Scotland's Northern Highlands. I wore a pair of Russell's MacIntosh Birdshooters. Incredibly comfortable boots. This is the most I've worn them since I bought them nearly two years ago so I was still breaking them in. Not that they needed much breaking in. But the boots were still conforming to how my feet cause the boots to wear. As for my experience dealing with Russell, it's was like Cali's only not as...
Quote: Originally Posted by robbie I think if you went after something w/ a crepe sole it might be a bit better. I was eying these engineers from Red Wing for a while: RW engineer boots Those soles are so wrong. Completely ruin the boots for me. On the other hand, if I worked around water/downed power lines, I'd probably wear them to help save my life.
White driving shoes and shorts -- add a pair of knee-high socks and you'll look like a Cadillac-driving geezer in Boca Raton. Someone who goes out to eat at 5:30 in the afternoon. Not sure this is a look you want to attempt. Sorry.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian278 Are their actually good looking women on these sites? I've always figured they're full of girls who don't get asked out enough in real life. You'd be surprised. A few years back, when I was single, I was meeting the hottest women on dating sites. All of them claimed that the men they were meeting via routine social encounters were not datable -- married, gay, too old, whatever. Dating sites exposed them...