or Connect

Posts by billythekid

For every shirt you buy, probably try on 10. It's the only way you'll find a proper fit. Same with suits. I could try on ten of the highest recommended suits on this forum and #11 would be the fit I should buy. Find someone who understands fit as well. Not many people do. Then worry about fabrics. Also, keep notes on clothes. Maybe a list that you have in your phone. I can look back for about 3 years, find brands that fit or not, shopping lists, notes on fabrics...
It's actually a good thread, and you've done some research on what you need to get started. have you been to Daniel Taylor store down in Dallas? It's one of the better men's stores I've seen. Too much selection, but maybe a good option. Also, Sid Mashburn has a Houston location. Sid's store does a fantastic job of doing everything almost perfect and with a slight twist, which is a pretty good goal. An Oxford shirt you could wear With a tie, a suit jacket you could...
looking for a tall, slim or athletic cut white undershirt that will stay tucked in.... an extra inch or two would make things perfect!
Have you tried Bonobos? Bill's Khakis? When I was having what I think are similar to your problems, I learned I was really just shopping in the wrong stores for me. I was trying to shop in J crew or brooks brothers, and while they had different baselines of fits, neither was a good choice for me, and I like both of their stuff. I tend to keep notes of what fits/stores work for me to avoid having to relearn what has potential and what doesn't. A bigger mistake was to do...
Not many people on this board will encourage the black blazer--But if you've got it perhaps a pair of grey pants would be better. White, grey, black is pretty acceptable. I read somewhere that black is a pretty hard color to match with, especially different fabrics of black. At some point you'll need a pair of black shoes and black belt regardless of what you do. Get a set that will look good with a pair of jeans or a suit.
Just go to Suit Supply and get a navy suit. Black shoes will never go out of style--Allen Edmond are great and you can even order from the factory outlet. Between those two you can send a 1000 and nearly never shop for dress clothes again.
please. just stop.
IMO the smart money in AEs shoes is in their seconds from their shoe bank. Always ordered from them. Never disappointed with what I get. Yes you may get a shoe error like yours, but you'll feel alot better about it. The overall quality will still be great 5 years from now.
kamakura? hundreds of posts on them already.
The alden captoes look too formal (great with suits, not with jeans). check out allen edmond leeds. They are a derby shoe. Strands are nice shoes. Be a great choice for alot of people.