or Connect

Posts by jeffd

Of all the terrible things a dry cleaners can do to a suit, using perc is pretty far down the list. I just took a bunch of stuff to a cleaner that was recommended to me. Two flannel suits came back so stuffed with sizing that they felt like cardboard, the lining in another jacket was ripped, the collar of another had been pressed so that one lapel rolled three full inches lower than the other, and yet another suit had been given such a heavy handed pressing that the...
Not uncommon here as well.  That Luciano Barbera jacket I copped was listed as a 50 but with an oddly small 20" pit to pit.  I thought since it was unlined, I might have a chance of squeezing into it.  Turns out it's actually 21.5", and being unlined, a bit big.  So it goes.
What are your thoughts on that one?  I should be getting mine in a few days.
 3 posts to your name, all spam.    No.
Really nice, indeed.  I assume there was a pair of pants that once went with those?  I doubt I'd attempt the matching vest/odd trousers look, but the jacket would certainly work well on its own.  The proportions are a bit off for me unfortunately.  
Oooooooo.  Did you get any other colors yet?  The light camel/midnight and the chocolate/midnight should be headed my way soon.  
 There is perhaps a middle ground between Jos Bank and bespoke.   Kidding aside, you might take a look at the Benjamin suits at eHaberdasher, which are in a similar price range to what you've probably been looking at.   http://www.styleforum.net/t/69315/www-ehaberdasher-com-affiliate-page/0_80 I've never bought one myself, but they have a loyal following here on the forum.  
 If the leather is deeply scratched, you'll really need a bone to smooth it out.  I just use one of these - http://www.amazon.com/Books-by-Hand-Bone-Folder/dp/B0025U13HW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ac_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QFZ4XPX1TXB5VWS62KM - and it seems to work just fine, though I've never used one of the much more expensive deer bones sold by Hangar Project and the like, so I can't compare the two.  It will take a bit of work, but I've yet to have a scratch or scuff that won't come...
 I am now accepting charitable donations in size 8.5 D
Sometimes I think this entire thread is just a conspiracy to get me to buy more blue sport coats.