Posts by ridethecliche

EVOOOOOOOOO!!!!I'd love to go for a ride along sometime. I've actually never been in one of those...
I had a golds gym that had just opened in Somerville, MA when I was looking for a gym. AFAIK it was like 200 bucks for a 2 year membership... I hurt my back 3 months after joining and couldn't work out for 3 years. Fuckers. But yeah, cheap ish around.
Watch out at the year mark. Some of those places often charge you for another year at the end of the term unless you cancel...which can be another pita.
 Sounds like an awesome parts/thrift hauler! Quote:Originally Posted by Dino944  Yes, I can certainly understand leaving  the Subie to the pros, since you have to be able to depend on it at all times.  Some of the N/A Subies are really durable.  The guy ahead of me waiting to pay and get his car from the service center had over 430,000 miles on his Subie which I believe was from 2002. Looks like you are making a lot of progress with the Miata, but I can certainly...
@Dino944 I bought the car knowing that I'd have to invest some money into it, but knew that it would be pretty reliable for its intended use once that happened. I've kept up the maintenance and changed the oil in the car and that's been about it. The only time I've been stranded was when the alternator decided to commit suicide, but that's hard to predict and wasn't that expensive as a fix. I don't touch the subaru at all other than for basic things. It's the car I have to...
 Ummmm....
 Subaru's rear wheel bearings are often a weak point. I had one done last year and the other one is starting to bark now...I mean, my car has 146k on what is likely the original set, but apparently the early model imprezas are awful when it comes to doing the wheel bearings... like it's not possible to do them at home without some pretty specialized equipment (press etc). You can get lucky sometimes, but if you get stuck then you have a car that isn't really capable of...
 That's definitely a risk factor  re:tuned. Pushing more than stock power through stock engines always comes at a cost. You can do a bunch to mitigate risk, but it is what it is especially in a DD. Some subarus had a head gasket issue afaik it was an issue with some of the older 2.5L engines. Mine had the issue. Pretty damn pricey to have fixed. Now I know folks locally who could do it for much less. I'd budgeted for the cost, but it still sucked.  I don't think Dino's era...
 When I first drove the miata to my parents house (gf in tow), we managed to break down a grand total of 3 times. Once was on the on ramp for the GWB. I'm sure you can imagine what that was like.It was a fucking cam or crank angle sensor. Legit 10 minute job to swap out. Turns out they have a tendency to croak when it's hot out. I had no idea and we were going home on what turned out to be one of the hottest days of the summer. If it was just me there, I would have fixed...