or Connect

Posts by ridethecliche

Rode back from Boston today. Had a weird issue when it started becoming super hard to shift from second to third sometimes. I'll have to see if something was getting on the shifter because it was only that one gear that was sticking.Did you have to drill holes in the fork for the emulators? I think the intiminators don't require it, but the race techs do.Did you swap to heavier front springs as well?There's also this crazy...
Those bars were straight off the sv1k. Not clip ons, but full clamp on bars.Id love to do a gxsr front end etc. But it's too much money to pay someone else. If i knew what i was doing, it'd be best.Also I swapped the sat yesterday. Took forever to get it on for some reason. Bike was so much more comfortable after though. Riding to Boston was a blast.
Nice! That McQueen is really nice. I like how clean and logo-less it is sans the small unobtrusive triumph logo on the chest.Yeah, I liked the one I got because the logo on the back was quite faded and not quite as obnoxious in person. Also, it was 40% off or something, so I got it for 240 and the guy threw in a spine protector.​I kinda wanted it the one I got so I could wear it off the bike as well...but I think it's too damn heavy for that!​Yeah, no problem with it. I...
 I found some bars on an SV rider used pat facebook group that look good. They came off an sv1000 and don't hit the tank.I do want to bring my feet back a bit, but don't know how to do that exactly since the stocks can't be moved all that much. Also, doesn't that require redoing the rear brake and clutch cables etc?I honestly don't see myself needing another bike if I make the changes to this that I'm planning to. I have no problem throwing the bit of money at it to make...
What do you have again? Kawi ninja?   I was looking at a viper exhaust on ebay, but might spring for the delkevic depends on if a db killer can be had for the viper. Price differential isn't THAT significant. ​ And yeah, fork emulator and springs are probably in the cards. I might blow the money I made selling clothes to make the bike fun. I think I might swap bars to lower them a little bit too. Feel way too upright right now. I want to be stretched and a bit lower,...
Bitch, I always win. It's the law.​ -Gravity.(What happened?)
Picture upload won't work for some reason...   ​Edit: Still no dice. Here's a link:   http://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/Jacket/id-0101K/Ace_Cafe_Jacket_2
@Darkside I don't like the elastic in those. Always feels weird to me. ​ I just bought a true motorcycle café racer since I picked up a bike. Thing is heavy as hell, especially with all the armor!
​Hey now! (The Subaru was the best deal on a used car I could find!)
 I just want to hear the V-twin's characteristic sound. The SV stocker makes it sound like an angry sewing machine. Seriously, it has no character.I don't want to go deaf, I just want to feel like I'm something that has a much go to it as this thing does. Got it up to 70 the other day. It's pretty smooth. I can see why people switch out the shocks though. Pretty sure I bottomed out the front when I hit a pothole... I'm going to Boston this weekend for a wedding. I might...