or Connect

Posts by aarghh

Thank you for that video, Huntsman. I endorse what was done to the Biturbo. Seems like I have a kindred spirit in Clarkson. After the Bora it was all downhill. BTW, the only other car in the book that could vie with the 5000GT for my attention was the BMW 507.
I have a 1960 edition of the Observer's Book of Automobiles given to me by my maternal uncle when I was a child. Amongst the many other delights of that era - Abarth, Facel Vega, Bristol, AC come to mind - the 5000 GT was always my favorite. Sigh.
A longer term problem that you have is you're allowing your MIL to get under your skin. If your wife is attached to her mother, you have to figure out a way of making peace with her (the mother) - at the moment, she seems to be fairly successful in injecting pain into your life. Perhaps moving away from a hard stance and giving her some respect? I don't mean to sound preachy - more as a tactical move.
Is there no way of escalating this issue? In general the front line people have limited power, but there may be a chance that a supervisor may be able to see your point of view. In addition, what if multiple buyers were to send ebay a petition that this kind of a construct makes sense in the auction title?
Try grilling small whole fish as well - I do this 2 times a week on the average. Vman is right about the basket, but I use aluminium foil strips to give me similar control over the fish breaking up. A nice variation is to try grilling the fish in banana leaf packets.
I do much the same with lavash - pear, arugula, bacon, and Stilton. Not classic, but makes a wonderful summer meal.
I used to have an alarm clock that had a voice-activated snooze function. Not very effective at waking me up, but it was very satisfying to shower it with vile imprecations early in the morning and have it shut up. It made my morning quite tolerable.
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 Stay away from Costco! That place is a money-sucking pit. I am trying to avoid it because you cannot leave that place without spending $300 even if you're just going in for diapers or cereal. There are much cheaper places to shop for groceries than Costco. That said, having done 3 major renos in the past 18 months, I hate to break it to you but saving a few bucks here and there on other expenses is like pissing in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/txt/650.txt http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/txt/650.txt The collection of poems by the same name is well worth looking up.
"All you who sleep tonight Far from the ones you love, No hand to left or right And emptiness above - Know that you aren't alone The whole world shares your tears, Some for two nights or one, And some for all their years."