or Connect

Posts by aarghh

Count Dracula The Scarlet Pimpernel Lord Peter Wimsey Doc Holliday Sherlock Holmes - in a smoking jacket...not that dratted cape and hat.
I usually don't frequent Starbucks, but I do tend to tip at Peet's and other independent coffee shops that I visit. Being a barista is a highly skilled job - it is a non-trivial task to draw a good shot of espresso and create the right kind of foam. I try, therefore, to encourage a good barista by the meager means at my disposal. Of course, you are more likely to find that kind of a person in an independent shop, but Peet's will do in a pinch - they still take coffee...
I usually find that brushing, airing, and then steaming it in a bathroom with a hot tub with lavender oil mixed in the water, tends to work with the most tenacious odors. Over time, cedar hangers will also exorcise the smell.
I think you carry your right shoulder a little higher than your left. The pull becomes far more marked on your right. I don't think big chest would help - squaring out the shoulders might. You may want to take measurements of your yoke, and the drop from the bottom of the collar to the top of the shoulder, and then adjust that appropriately, and send it to Ricky.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure why the link doesn't work - its the only Harris on Yoox right now - whole cut, in a medium brown. I like the shape of the toe box a lot, but I'm debating whether its worth the extra moolah right now. On the other hand, I might just go for the Harris and a Grenson Rugby, assuming the new shipment has some in my size. A profligacy of riches.
I'm looking at a pair of Harris shoes on Yoox, going for $215. Are these Blake welted? How would these compare to the Stowes? I did a search on the forum, but any association of the terms "shoes" and "Harris" gives me a large number of A. Harris's posts Any information would be appreciated.
In this case, you're better off going to a specialized running shoe store, with good salespeople, and trying shoes out for yourself. Asics, Saucony, Reebok, Nike, and a clutch of others all make shoes that work fine and are in your range - it comes down to the individual feet. I usually change shoes every six to nine months, and everytime I do so, I don my running clothes, take my old shoes, and go to the store. Based on my foot shape and the kind of wear that is seen on...
Chukkas - reverse calf if you're teaming the jeans with a tweed or corduroy jacket, calf or cordovan otherwise. If you're going for a sleek look - chelsea boots.
Quote: Reminds me of a news story I saw in New York, where a guy was complaining that he wasn't admitted to a restaurant because he didn't have on a jacket and tie. His logic was that his designer sweater cost more than the average jacket and tie, and therefore he should be admitted because he was "dressed up." If that was the standard, then I could be "dressed up" if I was wearing my mountain climbing attire, which costs more than an Oxxford suit. ...
I second Patagonia - also Marmot. Spyder seemed to be popular last season. If you want MTM skiwear, check out Beyond Fleece which is great stuff.