or Connect

Posts by aarghh

I remember asking about it a while back. Someone on Ask Andy seemed to indicate that he had bought a pair, and the leather was not of very good quality.
Quote: Quote: (clarinetplayer @ 21 Dec. 2004, 05:53) Quote: Originally Posted by Nonk,21 Dec. 2004, 04:26 Here are some pics of Royal Marines pith helmets- http://britains-smallwars.com/Museum/RM/rm-hat.html Just curious...why is it called a "pith" helmet? Pith is the light porous material in the stems of some trees. I'm guessing the helmets were made out of it (probably pith and shellac). ...
Nobody like Brazil?
I don't like the cut Land's End has at all, and you'll probably get an excellent deal on ebay if you keep looking for a month or so. I just got a lovely Chester Barrie blazer from A Harris a few days ago - spent about $135 totally, with minor alterations ( sleeve shortened, taken in at the waist). If you have some time, I'd really recommend the ebay route.
Quote: And I also completely forgot about the director's cut of Blade Runner, which is far superior to the original release (someone finally did justice to probably my all time favorite writer, Philip K. Dick). koji Hear, hear. Philip K. Dick is one of my favorites as well - I thought Minority Report was good, but seemed to miss the point of the story. Total Recall was too ... Arnold. Have you seen Screamers? I thought that was a rather decent...
If you're not looking for something mechanical, I'd highly recommend the St. Moritz line - I have the Titan II chronograph, which is pretty much indestructible. Titanium case and strap. It may be a little over your budget, but its little brother, the Pathfinder may fit, and its a great watch, too. Bone tough. Edited for spelling, and to add an image.
Ben Silver carries a few Lock hats on their website The caps seem not to be Lock, though.
I have bought a Huntsman suit from this seller - she was very good to work with, and the item was exactly as described. I paid with BidPay - the lack of PayPal did not bother me.
I would advise trying to talk to Ricky over the 'phone. He does take immediate action based on 'phone converations, while email responses are spotty.
Quote: Quote: (aarghh @ 19 Nov. 2004, 3:15) Is there a minimum or suggested sum for contributions? 50 cents per each post you have made. Kidding. Ah, then I shall have to keep my mouth shut.