or Connect

Posts by aarghh

Quote: Originally Posted by Edward Appleby I would probably give Whole Foods a shot first. +1. Whole Foods carries frozen rabbit in my area.
It depends - if you already have some money put away for a cash/savings buffer, and therefore have a longish investment horizon, I'd put all of it into index funds - disttributed across different types of markets. If IRA type accounts are available in Canada, I'd use those first. Besides the real estate plan, you may also want to evaluate what your personal goals are - do you need to put away money for completing college, and things of that nature.
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Which would be better choices anyway. Yep - I wish they still carried Bowmore like they used to, but Laphroig will do in a pinch. Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I live in the city now, so the San Mateo version is more accessable, but I was talking about the Menlo Park one in this case. I have never been to Dittmer's, but grew up on the Peninsula so I have been as far south as Mt....
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Did you grow up down in that area? I used to go to Draegers almost every day for lunch in High School. Actually, last Friday I picked up a sandwich from Draegers for lunch. Was that the Menlo Park one, or the San Mateo one? I just got a bottle of Germain-Robin from the Menlo Park one last night. Good brandy, that. Have you made your way as far down as Dittmer's, Matt? BTW, Trader Joe's does not carry...
If the location is fine with you, Altstadt is a very good choice - I realize I was damning it with faint praise in my previous post.
Am I the only one who doesn't like the norwegian welt on those? I have a similar pair, but those are Blake stitched - I wouldn't wear these.
Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector DSL companies are notorious for giving out crappy hardware, frankly I don't see how some of this stuff makes it to market. H1B visas in action. This reeks of bigotry to me. I am, of course, biased.
I found Altstadt a little further from the center of things than I liked (I went with an infant in January, so wanted something very close). I've had good luck with Hotel Am Schubertring - good cafe across the road too. I've also heard good things about Hotel Konig von Ungarn, but haven't stayed there myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Did he really? I never noticed that, however, I did noticed a lot of other historically based cars in Tintin such as Citroens, I believe. Sorry - that was actually a Lincoln Zephyr cabriolet....I'm thinking of the yellow car from "The Seven Crystal Balls" I do remember a Lancia Aurelia in one, though. Edit: Did some more digging: the Lancia is in "The Calculus Affair" Here is an interesting...
Quote: Originally Posted by Trilby Many of the drawings, and especially the cars, boats, aircraft etc., are very accurate drawings of real things. There was book published a few years ago that tracked down the things that inspired Herge, with lots of pictures from the Tintin books next to photographs of the real life inspiration. I have this - "Tintin - A Complete Companion" by Michael Farr. Lovely book. My first Tintin was "Cigars of the...