or Connect

Posts by aarghh

Quote: LA Guy, my favorite clubs in LA were Das Bunker, The Key Club, Troubadour, Glass House and Knitting Factory. I mostly frequent the punk/hardcore/thrashcore, underground hip-hop, industrial and fetish, and experimental/jazz joints. My favorite clubs in Seattle are Neumos, Graceland, Catwalk, Crocodile, the old Sit-N-Spin and the like. I couldn't tell ya if there was a dress code at the yuppie/burb-herd clubs, because I don't go to them - they bore me. I...
While on the subject of violinists... Although I must say I prefer Heifetz most of the time.
Quote: Vladimir Horowitz: koji Funny - I was just about to post the same image of Horowitz.
Quote: Django, of course. Absolutely. Also - Charlie Watts
Quote: All the previous tips are good. However, I would bin the shave gel - awful stuff. I use Geo F Trumper products, which I find exceptionally good; similar to Taylor's but I think they have the edge (pun intended.). I used to have terrible trouble shaving, and always ended up with sore skin and cuts. Now I use a badger brush, Trumper's skin food, Trumper's shaving soap (or cream, if travelling), and a Mach 3 razor - I find the Turbo version dreadful, but...
So the top one is on the 3B last, and the lower one on the 46? Very nice - I particularly like the top one. I don't see them listed for sale on your website yet...(down, boy.)
Had lunch at Bouchon in Yountville, so skipped dinner. Lunch was: Trotters Blood Sausage Phelps Shiraz Coffee. Sublime...
Quote: Quote: (tdial @ Jan. 28 2005,07:22) Is Kermit's one button suit jacket a peak-lapel or a notch. It's very difficult to tell, but the lapel styling is wonderful, either way. I love the purple. I had a fleece jacket by Royal Robbins in that color that I adored. I lost it during a Jeep ride between Khajuraho and Satna, while using it as a pillow. Must have slipped out from under my head. Anyone seen it? It was a size L. I...
Quote: Quote: He likes clothes from a certain era and of a certain style and so wears them. I file this guy under the same category as guys who have extensive model train sets, take part in Civil War Re-enactments, and/or are members of SCA. And have sneaker and belt fetishes?
Quote: When I started teaching at a Midwestern university, secretaries would mistake me for a student, so I wore a coat and tie to class so the students wouldn't mistake me for another student. Two or three students immediately told me in written course evaluations, "lose the tie". So now I wear a herringbone or glen plaid coat, no tie. I'd tell those students to get a life, and attempt to get an education. I'm sure you don't base grades on how...