or Connect

Posts by aarghh

Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 I am really curious how the cups weren't dissolved by the tea? These were kiln-fired clay cups and were a little resistant to dissolution. They broke when you threw them out of the train, and over time went back into the earth, as JA observes. They definitely added an earthy taste to the tea, though. The same goes for weddings - earthen cups, and plates made from either banana leaves or dried sal...
I just acquired ten new LP sets at the local library sale - they were sitting in a box ignored by most. Time-Life sets of Casals and Segovia, Fidelio with Klemperer, Aida; La Boheme; Tristan and Isolde; some Heifetz. 50 cents each... So while you're welcome to your iPods, I keep my turntable, thank you very much.
- Bix Beiderbecke soloing on "Singing the Blues" - The first time your 3 year old daughter hums "Singing the Blues" without her realizing you're listening - Breaking the crust of a fish baked in sea salt. - Being exactly in the right place to volley a ball into the goal. - Riding on the roof of a bus over Rohtang Pass on the Manali-Leh highway. - Reading Borges. - Fournier playing the Bach Cello Suites. ...
Lovely cars. Wasn't Pegaso a truck company that used the cars to build capital (and a presence) for the trucks? IMMSMC, they were strapped for cash and had all those Hispano-Suiza machine tools lying around...
If the content were not so disturbing, one could detect a distinct Monty Python-esque ethos to the exchange.
I like Private Reserve, but my favorite is Pelikan's Black. In case you can't locate that easily, I'm told Cross ink is the same as Pelikan.
Quote: Originally Posted by ayn I will have to try some of their steak, will check out the MV farmers' market this Sunday... Back in Austin, TX, I got my steak from this place called The Meat Shop, they sold Wagyu beef from Harrell Ranch, excellent excellent steak! They closed their retail location before I moved away though. I don't think they come to Mountain View any more - I did pick up some meat for pot roast from them at the MV market...
The sweaters from J. Crew are pretty good options to add color to your wardrobe - those in lambswool go on sale for about $15 sometimes. I've had a pilling problem as well, but a couple of washes ( rather than dry cleaning) with Woolite seems to have reduced the pilling as well as softening the wool slightly.
I met my significant other on a high-altitude trek in the Indian Himalayas. Interestingly, we were one of the three pairings formed on that trek. Not sure if that is germane to your situation, but you never know...