or Connect

Posts by Sombrero

Welp, I caved and ordered.  Can't miss out on THE shoes.  
I imagined the dainite heel to be more similar to the brown french calf service boot on viberg.com with the black contrast on the heel.  Thank you for the clarification.   This will be very tempting.
Not sure I'm getting in on this either way but the dainite sole kinda breaks up the look in my opinion.  Looks way cleaner without, as shown in the example picture from the initial post.
Interesting article about Robert Young who did a huge story for Vice on the South Sudan conflict...   http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/robert-young-pelton-on-surviving-south-sudan-1575895489/all   Relevant as he makes mention that he always travels with his Vibergs.  Article has a typo and spells it "Viborgs".
So I'm curious if there are any plans for a Derby model to be available on Viberg.com or elsewhere anytime soon besides the previous MTO?  
Man, really want the derby.  My shoe game already has brown and natural cxl adequately covered unfortunately.  Any chance of just flipping my pair's leather inside out for the MTO if natural CXL chosen? (Joking, unless the answer is yes).   Also, who will be stocking the non-MTO derbies if they aren't for viberg.com?  
I would definitely be interested in a rough out derby like the one posted above.
Not sure my situation is drastic enough for any real action so I'll just wear and enjoy and deal with any bigger issues when and if they arise.  And watch out for uneven terrain.   Really impressed w/ both 3sixteen and Viberg's responses thus far.
I don't mean to shit up the thread with these quality  concerns as I think part of it is just the paranoia following dropping a decent amount on these things but my here are  some pictures of my left boot (I'm not seeing any issues on the right, probably due to my gait, as previously stated).         The top part of that middle stud is already fully chipped away. Paranoia or a legit concern as far as future durability goes?
My studs are a bit chipped as well after a few days wear but nothing extreme.  Will be interesting to hear what those in the know have to say.