or Connect

Posts by arced

Quote: Originally Posted by commodorewheeler OK. So who's getting these new 24 oz. PBJ models coming in the next month or so? I've heard that there will be a regular indigo model, a deep indigo model, and a purple face model. Cuts will be based on XX-005 and XX-011, rumor has it that the XX-005 cuts will only be available in smaller sizes and the XX-011 cuts will only be available in larger sizes. Does anyone have details on these? When? How...
Quote: Originally Posted by whatever123 pbj has a new 011 that is really tapered below the knees that might work if you have skinny legs, otherwise, the slim/straight cuts would be best. also check out the fullcount 1108 and momotaro 0701 or 0705 cuts. im sure there are many others ... these just come to mind. Thanks! I'll check those out.
I have a pair of SC1966 that I love. They're currently in that sweet spot of broken-in-ness, but I'm starting to think about my next pair. I'm hoping for something a bit less baggy (but not tight) and a slight taper below the knees. Any recs? I was thinking about PBJs. Can anyone recommend a certain cut?
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy is this thread the real estate equivalent of "sharp knees"? No, it's a beautiful room, but it's screamingly obvious that the books are there merely as decoration, not to be read. Thus, if the books aren't being read, then what's the room for? It seems like a waste. I'd love that room. It'd be fantastic to fill it up with my own books and read/write/study there. A SF analogy might be Aportnoy's shoe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nil Nice. How long does homemade hot sauce last? I grew habaneros, jalapenos and thai chillis in my garden (will probably introduce another variety this spring also) and wouldn't mind coming up with a concoction myself since I always end up with excess. I've made hot sauces a bunch of times. They last for months in the refrigerator. I think the vinegar, salt, and peppers act as preservatives. If you have peppers...
Did you check out the Alden thread? There's a lot on taking care of them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Alright! I think I'll add shallots to the recipe. That'll basically mean I'm making an authentic Haitian hot sauce for whatever that's worth. LOL. Cool! Haitian sounds delicious.
Quote: Originally Posted by robertorex +1 on buying it if you ever decide to sell +2
Quote: Originally Posted by pebblegrain don't believe the hype. Chemex will not taste noticeably different than a drip cone with 2 papers. I know there's hype, but I still like it. Two papers seems bothersome and I enjoy the amount (3-4 cups). Most people like their coffee hot, but I actually love having a pot of lukewarm coffee lying around and drinking it throughout the morning.
Does anyone know whether Pecard's will darken the leather less that Obenauf's? Also, Obenauf's is more for work boots (heavy duty uses) and the Pecard's for everyday use, right? I'm debating between the two. For reference, I have heavily scuffed Red Wing GT's and just picked up a pair of Alden Indy boots (but I don't want to darken them too much).