or Connect

Posts by arced

Quote: Originally Posted by nahneun sorry, also not true. warm sake has a depth that cold sake often lacks. it is completely dependent on the style and flavor profile. to say that the vast majority are better cold just shows that you really don't know sake. I'm not going to get into an argument over taste, but I was glancing around the web to see whether I "really don't know sake". The "vast majority" of this site's top 100 seem to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by nahneun wrong. some sake are better served warm because the flavor notes only open up after having been warmed enough. it's not sah-kay either. it's sah-keh Sure, some are better, but the vast majority are better served cold. As for the pronunciation, I just trying to get people away from the American pronunciation (sah-kee/key), which, unfortunately, is now in the dictionary.
Quote: Originally Posted by _ABB_ Do you take your sake warm? Cold? How can I differentiate good sake from bad? Cold or cool. Heating, in my opinion, kills the flavor. I'd rather think of it as more similar to a beer (limited shelf life and vastly better when cold). If you really want to taste the flavors, drink it room temperature. It's really a shame that almost all Americans think that sake (sah-kay) is a hot beverage -- it's probably...
Quote: Originally Posted by whatever123 they are on the pbj site: http://www.purebluejapan.jp/pages/whats-new im sure big got the first run since they helped with the design. i have not looked to see if they are available anywhere else as of yet, but i doubt it. $450 for an original heavy weight design? who else can do that for their customers ... thats a fucking incredible deal. Looks like the -007 are out now and they're working to...
Quote: Originally Posted by El Argentino Only 21 produced?.. Man.... Is that only 21 of each size our overall? 24oz be some thick jawnz... I didn't understand that either. BiG has only 21 pairs? Or only 21 total in the world? Or PBJ only did 21 of each size?
Quote: Originally Posted by commodorewheeler OK. So who's getting these new 24 oz. PBJ models coming in the next month or so? I've heard that there will be a regular indigo model, a deep indigo model, and a purple face model. Cuts will be based on XX-005 and XX-011, rumor has it that the XX-005 cuts will only be available in smaller sizes and the XX-011 cuts will only be available in larger sizes. They've dropped at BiG. Anyone picking them...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire ... great for low light pics, like in restaurants, etc. No flash and can get nice shots.... +1
I got the s90 and absolutely love it. Small, easy to use, and fantastic photos. Kinda wish I had the s95, but that's no knock on the s90....
I was thinking this thread would die, but since it hasn't, I've decided to confess. I live in a McMansion. There, I said it. I'd post a picture to prove it, but it looks like every other one, so what's the point. It's a house on steroids with those weird, stupid details such as those silly brass outdoor sconces (I know someone here knows the correct word) tacked on the side, the fake muntined windows (thanks for the new vocabulary!), fake Candyland shutters, etc. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by CommercialDoc Can someone tell me why all McMansions have those inserts in the windows make it look like there's a bunch of small windows instead of one large pane? Is it merely a bad simulation of ol' timey windows? Is there any practical purpose behind it?