or Connect

Posts by arced

Over the years, I’ve had the bad habit of buying things off of B&S threads, trying them on, finding out that they don’t fit, and sticking them in the closet. Well, I’m moving out of the country, so it’s time to get rid of at least some of it. I’ll try adding more items later. Coats: Hickey Freeman Quilted Jacket – NWT Price: $SOLD Brooks Brothers Chesterfield Coat, wool, herringbone [Great coat, but I have too many.] Shoulder: 19” Pit-to-pit: 24” Total Length: 39”...
Drops!
Smooth transaction with mainy, good communication and quick shipping.
I’m moving, so trying to get rid of some items that don’t fit. Please pm me with any questions. All prices include shipping. Post O’alls / Post Overalls shirt: NWOT [Great shirt. Wonderful Post O’alls details, such as collar that has buttonholes for a detachable collar. If you have one, you’re set, but you probably don’t need it. I wish it fit me, but it’s a bit too big overall for me. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll use it as an overshirt] Shoulder: 20” Pit-to-pit: 26” Total...
I found "Wasteland" to be a pretty interesting film. Kind of an antidote to the Banksy film.
Can someone comment on how Tokyo is at the moment? I'm planning to move to Japan soon, so I'm trying to figure out how impacted Tokyo is. A couple months ago, a friend recommended against Tokyo (in favor of Kyoto, etc.). Is it back to normal? I'm having trouble imagining surviving the Tokyo summer without air conditioning.
I plan to get rid of a lot of my cheaper furniture, but is there some general advice on storing nicer stuff? My understanding that there's the regular storage units and 'climate controlled'. Some of the stuff I need to store is valuable and somewhat fragile. Should I be taking out insurance? I don't want to end up like Sampras. I'd get rid of more, but I'm moving my whole family so it's more than just my sentimentality to deal with.
I searched the archive, but I didn't come up with anything so here goes. Does anyone have any advice about renting storage units? I'll be out of the country for a year so I'm planning to put my stuff in storage (about 3 bedrooms worth).
I figure this is the thread for random architecture questions, so here goes. Why is siding so popular? Is it just a cheap way to weatherproof a house? It seems both decorative and protection, but can't the house's walls just be made weatherproof? I was struck today by the fact that I don't know why it's on so many houses.
Anyone see "The Parking Lot Movie"? It's pretty interesting (and streaming on Netflix). Also, is that "Lo Lifes" documentary out? The trailer looked interesting, but I couldn't figure out if it's been released.