or Connect

Posts by arced

I also have to agree that the Korean metal ones can be difficult to get used to. I'd recommend non-lacquered Japanese chopsticks. There are some beautiful ones made from nice woods. For a slightly off beat suggestion, there's the Tibetan yak bone ones. I got them as a gift and was skeptical at first, but once I got over the fact that I was eating with bones, I've rather come to like them. Great feel in the hands and easy to use. There's go to day-to-day one.
I'm confused by this. There's a tremendous glut of PhDs on the market at the moment. Social science jobs will get 200-300 applicants and Humanities will get upwards of 600. Are you saying these PhDs will merely disappear or there'll be an incredible increase in the number of tenure-track jobs (here and abroad) in the coming decade to absorb them? Also, the system that's overproducing PhDs continues. I'm not sure how the current glut won't continue.
^ Good, it's far better to be crushed before grad school than to go and find out the reality later. A lot of ABDs and not-so-recent PhDs are crushed, but they're 40 years, heavily in debt, and can't figure out with to do in their lives.
^ really interesting article If you're thinking about grad school, you must get a hold of the National Research Council's ranking of grad school. As opposed to the US News & World Report-type ones, the NRC's has hard data about student debt, graduation rate, graduation times, and job placement. The numbers are startling.
IMHO, the big problem is that the current university system is based in the logic of a previous generation (ever expanding enrollments leading to ever increasing tenure-track faculty positions) that no longer holds true. The system is in crisis in a myriad of ways, but my take is that it's more structural (embedded logics) rather than the result of a particular conscious design. My advice to students is, if you're going to go to graduate school, assume that you won't get a...
Here's the situation, moving out of the country for a year, so I'm planning to cancel my cell phone. Is there any way to 'park' the number for a year without paying a provider? It's not that big of a deal, but if there was a simple (and cheap/free) way to do it, I would.
How much space is there between the bottom of the sleeve and the first button?
+1I love my s90. I never, ever use my flash.
I'm not sure where to ask this, so I'll ask it here. Does anyone know the etymology of the word "cruzer"? I've been reading some interviews with Ohfuchi and he seems to refer to "cruzer" as a historical style. Can someone clue me in?
Quote: Originally Posted by y3ahind0 A nice experience with arced. Fast delivery, great communication, a gentleman in every way. Recommended! Thanks y3ahind0! He's highly recommended as a buyer. Good communication and a pleasure to deal with. Also, I had a smooth transaction with luo6232, highly recommended! Smooth, smooth transaction with Rollcast. A pleasure doing business with him!