or Connect

Posts by arced

The other problem is that in Japan you're expecting to take off your shoes in various contexts. Most are fine (such as visiting someone's house), but other situations can be murder on fine shoes (such as restaurants that lack 'cubby holes' for shoes, thus a lake of shoes develops in front of the door and people just walk over and on them to get in an out). Most shoes get trampled pretty badly. Also, there's lately been a push to get business men and government offices...
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre At least from what I understand they take returns. May need to go half size down but naturally YMMV Just to double-check, this is the standard 'going down a half size', right? I've been doing that with all of my 'polo branded C&J GVH purchases'. In fact, it's getting harder and harder to hide those dark blue boxes, especially because those boots look like they come in big ones...
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre heh, it was my rolling pin, my wife does not usually bake. Just have in mind the sole is REALLY REALLY stiff at the beginning. Heel slippage city for me at least. You're scaring me a bit, but I'm actually looking to replace the old boots that I have, so this purchase would be slightly more justifiable than others. Nonetheless, GVH has greatly improved my reasoning abilities.
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre Thanks. I have that tsuba mounted on my iaito, it is simple but nice Yes, my monster blister has healed. I wore them again; I added an insole and heel pads so I could wear them with normal thickness socks. They are much MUCH better now. Seriously, a tapered rolling pin is something no gentleman should be without Let me know if you have any specific questions. P.s. I would have probably fared better if I had...
Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre Update #2 on these beasts: *DISCLAIMER* Graphic descriptions of boot abuse After getting on my heel the biggest blister I have ever had (that includes the blisters I got while a scout, while in the Army and from kendo), I have been in too much pain to wear them until that thing heals. Anyway, I broke down and gave them the army treatment. After having waxed and cleaned them a number of times, I rubbed them...
Quote: Lexol should be fine for use on upholstery. I use it on my car seats and leather furniture more than on my shoes. Thanks for the quick reply! I'll pick up a bottle...
I know that this is a bit of a thread-jacking (and I apologize), but I was wondering these leather conditioners can also be applied to a leather sofa. I have one with pretty high quality leather (DWR.com), but it's drying out in places. Any advice? Again, sorry for the thread-jack...
I ran across this thread on AAAC that states that Polo has switched from C&J to Sanders: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...hlight=sanders Any comments? I had been assuming that they were C&J, but this thread put a bit of doubt into my head.
Are those "chelsea hybrids" C&J? They've got the $595 price tag, so....
Quote: I'm skeptical that Vass itself is doing anything more than simply responding to loud complaints from their American reps/retailer. They've probably not thought it through very carefully at all. I guess that's the problem with the internet, things move so quickly. This action seems to be turning off some potential buyers. Still, this seems a bit reminiscent of the outcry over the polo discount code scandal... On a side note, this thread has...