or Connect

Posts by arced

Anyone notice the homeless person theme? It seems to appear every other episode or so.
Wow! That was quick!
I posted this in another thread, but it got locked quickly afterwards (not my fault!). I think this is a constructive and relatively easy suggestion, so I'm posting it again. If I'm wrong about it being easy or useful, please ignore: I was wondering if there could be a designated symbol or picture for a B&S thread that has multiple item (currently called 'megathreads' or a 'closet clearance threads). I've noticed that with the new system featuring pictures, I tend to look...
I don't want to seem like I'm complaining nor do I want to add to the work of the moderators (I've bought a lot and sold a bit in the B&S section), but I was wondering if there could be a designated symbol or picture for a 'megathread' or a 'closet clearance' thread. I've noticed that with the new system, due to the presence of pictures, I look at the pictures first and, if I see something I like, I then look at the title of the thread. If there could a set symbol (a star,...
Yeah, the numbers for law school don't look so go. Plus, it's harder to go to law school for free, so students tend to rack up huge debts quickly.
The 'bubble' will break, but in different ways, just like the housing market. The high value properties (prestigious degrees from the Ivies, etc.) will retain their value, but those backed by subprime loans (specifically the for-profit ones like Phoenix or Kaplan) are going to suffer the most in value.
Well, some humanities PhDs and ABD responded to the Pannapacker article in Slate. Not too convincingly, but...
How the sleeve button? Faux holes, or are the sleeves easy to take up?
I see it a lot more "whities" doing it because they've heard (on internet forums?) that that's what Japanese/azns do. If you break your chopsticks and see a splinter, pick it off. That whole rubbing it together thing looks ridiculous and marks you as some tourist whose read a guidebook.
It won't burst. Everyone, especially the elites, are invested in the system of prestige (otherwise known as educational or social capital), so it's only going to get more intense. There's some interesting arguments about the increase in globalization or general social mobility that intensifies the need for mobile credentials which were unnecessary when people stayed in their home town or within a local region.