or Connect

Posts by arced

I'd love to be able to read/get some work done on the way into work. I don't mind sitting on a train. Somehow the public situation helps me concentrate more. YMMV
^^ that's quite nice. Two quick questions, what the width of the buckle? Also, will it develop a patina or is it coated?
I felt it in upstate NY! CNN has it as 5.8, epicenter in VA
Thanks. I tend to think that any long commute is rough. The only saving grace is that there's no real traffic. Stop-and-go would kill me. I saw some bit on a guy that has something like a two hour one-way commute that from New Jersey into NYC. It's a short distance but pure stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper traffic. I'd have a heart attack within a year.I do like my job, but the commute prevents me from giving 100% to it (too few hours in the day, too wiped out at the end,...
Yep, mine's a bit less, but no enough to matter.
110 miles in the car... and it's provoking deep existential questions (and practical ones... heart attacks and long commutes go hand-in-hand ).
I know this is pretty obscure, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Does anyone know where to buy Native American Smoked Salmon? Years ago, I was traveling with a friend in Northern California and he brought me to a guy's place who caught, smoked, and cured his own salmon. It was strips of salmon curing in their own oils in an unrefrigerated, rusty (outside only) mason jar. I was skeptical, but I bought a couple jars. Best damn cured salmon I've ever had Now I'm trying to...
FWIW, the Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu (Japanese) is generally considered the world's first novel. I think it's a bit of a stretch to attribute the novel, depending on how you define it, to a single geographic area.
Thanks for the update. Just a quick question, do you have a sense of the timetable on these? This isn't to rush you, but to get sense of the process.
definitely interested, but would you ship worldwide?