or Connect

Posts by MGoCrimson

Ya, but leptin has many downstream effects with gene expression and leptin levels become increasingly important the leaner you get. Minutiae, really, but worth noting.  And I dunno, some folk in this thread are what I would term obese by bodyfat but I'm an asshole and the medical definition of obese is pretty nebulous. 
 Ok so satiety, briefly, is an interaction between the following: Ghrelin, insulin, leptin, peptide YY, glucagon-like peptide-1, cholecystokinin, apolipoprotein AIV, and stretch receptors in the stomach. These are all anorexigenic signalling hormones/receptors except for ghrelin, which is the main "hunger" hormone.  Protein is the most satiating macronutrient. It produces a lower insulin AUC than CHO, but has higher PYY, GLP-1, CCK, and post-meal ghrelin levels are...
Noteworthy.
Yes and no. Inflammation is part of the healing / immune response.  The kind of inflammation we're talking about is chronic systemic low-grade inflammation.
My life for the next 50 years.
I'm not talking about SFAs affect on CVD. It's shortsighted to only consider CVD as a detrimental health effect. And CVD has its roots in chronic low-grade systemic inflammation. This will be further elucidated in upcoming research.  You're right, SFAs aren't that harmful if you are a physically active individual that is not carrying a lot of bodyfat, especially visceral fat, and don't regularly consume excessive calories. But when high SFA intake is combined with high...
@accordion Just don't eat fatty cuts of meat. Not smoking is a no-brainer. Nicotine is a decent ß-adrenergic agonist, so it does increase lipolysis. I don't know anything about smoking and blood flow.    @indesertum Saturated fat -> activation of TLR4 -> pro-inflammatory cytokines -> dysregulation of lipolysis + accumulation of intracellular DAG, ceramides + ER stress + decreased fat oxidation + accumulation of abnormal amounts of intracellular lipid droplets...
 Very sorry to hear that; you are clearly passionate about lifting and it seems to be a big part of your life. All aboard the aesthetics train? How about swimming? I wish you the best in whatever you choose to pursue.
Meditation is a popular means to manage stress — yoga, breathing exercises, etc as well. Being mindful; simply taking the time to do something for yourself or appreciate your world. It's just about perspective. Sleep plays a huge role in managing cortisol levels as well. PSMF is not a fun time. God speed. 
 edit: TLDR: create an energy deficit primarily through diet. Strength train to maintain and possibly build muscle. Choose your cardio depending on your body fat. High BF(15%+) = more HIIT. Low BF = less HIIT, more LISS, but keep a combination with LISS immediately following HIIT. Limit saturated fat intake and eat less fat in general. Get enough sleep. Maintain healthy stress levels. Keep protein intake under 40% of total calories. Manipulate carbohydrate intake and place...