or Connect

Posts by MGoCrimson

Yea, this one is particularly important, but I was not aware it had an affect on satiety as well. I'd also say fibre affects absorption kinetics more than anything. I realize I didn't touch on that, only fat's affect.
 Ya, but leptin has many downstream effects with gene expression and leptin levels become increasingly important the leaner you get. Minutiae, really, but worth noting.  And I dunno, some folk in this thread are what I would term obese by bodyfat but I'm an asshole and the medical definition of obese is pretty nebulous. 
 Ok so satiety, briefly, is an interaction between the following: Ghrelin, insulin, leptin, peptide YY, glucagon-like peptide-1, cholecystokinin, apolipoprotein AIV, and stretch receptors in the stomach. These are all anorexigenic signalling hormones/receptors except for ghrelin, which is the main "hunger" hormone.  Protein is the most satiating macronutrient. It produces a lower insulin AUC than CHO, but has higher PYY, GLP-1, CCK, and post-meal ghrelin levels are...
Yes and no. Inflammation is part of the healing / immune response.  The kind of inflammation we're talking about is chronic systemic low-grade inflammation.
My life for the next 50 years.
I'm not talking about SFAs affect on CVD. It's shortsighted to only consider CVD as a detrimental health effect. And CVD has its roots in chronic low-grade systemic inflammation. This will be further elucidated in upcoming research.  You're right, SFAs aren't that harmful if you are a physically active individual that is not carrying a lot of bodyfat, especially visceral fat, and don't regularly consume excessive calories. But when high SFA intake is combined with high...
@accordion Just don't eat fatty cuts of meat. Not smoking is a no-brainer. Nicotine is a decent ß-adrenergic agonist, so it does increase lipolysis. I don't know anything about smoking and blood flow.    @indesertum Saturated fat -> activation of TLR4 -> pro-inflammatory cytokines -> dysregulation of lipolysis + accumulation of intracellular DAG, ceramides + ER stress + decreased fat oxidation + accumulation of abnormal amounts of intracellular lipid droplets...
 Very sorry to hear that; you are clearly passionate about lifting and it seems to be a big part of your life. All aboard the aesthetics train? How about swimming? I wish you the best in whatever you choose to pursue.
Meditation is a popular means to manage stress — yoga, breathing exercises, etc as well. Being mindful; simply taking the time to do something for yourself or appreciate your world. It's just about perspective. Sleep plays a huge role in managing cortisol levels as well. PSMF is not a fun time. God speed.