or Connect

Posts by VeryAnnoyedPers

I'm Australian and I spent 3 years of my life in America. I can say that both countries have their positives and negatives in the food labeling department.   I think a more important issue for food labeling in America is the "rounded off effect" which is where your food authority allows rounding off of nutritional numbers on labels. This includes calories, saturated fat, trans fat, protein, fibre, etc. The problem comes in where everything is rounding off as far as...
Where and how are you mixing up "processed" with "GMO"? I and almost everyone I know home cook almost every single meal We eat so I fail to see how GMO has anything to do with it. I eat hardly any processed foods too. The only non-fresh things I eat are splenda in my tea, the occasional ice cream, canned fish (fresh is very expensive, buy fresh salmon when I can), my protein shakes and the occasional pre-made sauce, marinade or gravy mix. Everything else I eat is fresh...
Polls are absolutely meaningless. A bafflingly huge amount of people belive Elvis is alive and the US government is conspiring with extraterrestrials. Keep in mind as well that you're on the internet which is an international public forum and only about 1 in 22 people on earth are american. Public opinion on most topics is more influenced by television and movies than any actual science and thought. Most people's (especially american's) "knowledge" on most subjects is...
Meanwhile I'm here enjoying foods just as healthy without stressing about red herrings and nobody else on here seems to care. Eating healthy is great, eating home cooked meals is great, but the fact that I'm eating GMOs and you aren't means only one thing: I'm not paying double the price for my food.
You might not have used the word "bad" but the whole post has the underlying implication "let us know if your food is GM'd" which implies it's important. Listing a couple of their cons without the pros would come under propaganda, which in this case is definitely negative. Thus, the word "bad" was implied. Whether you specifically spoke it is irrelevant. You're still yet to actually give any real reason besides "theres one plant that kills bugs who eat it" as to why it...
@superego Except you're ignoring pretty much every word I've actually typed. I've said repeatedly that the shirt is brand new and SEVERELY stretched after one single wash. The shirt has lost 3-4 inches in length and the waist hem has ballooned out like a skirt after one wash. The seam at the waist hem literally looks like it has lost all integrity not simply stretched. In what universe is this due to a few pounds of excess fat and/or wear and tear? Responding with such...
I don't really understand what you just said. It would be nice if you could respond with your rationale as to why you think it's important and "bad".
Wile making it sound like a 5'10 180lbs guy who lifts weights can't wear a Large size cotton shirt after 1 wash or it'll balloon out at the waist seam like a maternity top. I wasn't insulted about it, I was pissed because I thought this forum might actually be helpful and I was proved wrong.
Sorry, I might have been a bit harsh. It's pretty shocking that you're calling me "anti-knowledge" though when you aren't providing any reason to be scared of GMOs. What relevance is there that bugs' stomachs explode if they eat certain GMOS? Bugs have extremely different anatomies and plants in nature develop natural, harmless defenses against them. For example, plants like camellia sinensis (tea) developed a substance called "caffeine" which affects an organisms nervous...
You're about as dumb as a brick and as helpful as a yeast infection. There are a dozen reasons you're completely wrong.   When I was 250lbs I had plenty of t-shirts that were 100% cotton which took months upon months to stretch out by me literally pulling the seams outwards daily. My love handles at the moment are adding about 1 inch to the radius of my waist. This in no way could possibly equate to the waist seam stretching to beyond maternity clothes level of...