or Connect

Posts by WorldWideWafflz

Then they don't factor it in to the heel height and you basically get an extra lift for any given heel height. Thanks that answers my question.
About to pull the trigger on some whites. One nitpicky question: how does a half slip factor into heel height. Do they remove a lift to compensate for the half slip if you order standard heel height? Or does any boot with a half slip effectively get some extra height relative to the heel heigt specified? I say this because I'm all for getting a tall heel but I wouldn't want to specify a half slip and 1/4" taller heel and end up with something a huge 1/2" taller than normal.
Found some stitching in the upper of a pair of dress boots starting to fail. Can a cobbler fix this and if so can someone recommend a competent cobbler, either mail order or in the Los Angeles area?
First point: I am totally willing to accept that Blake is a viable and potentially better construction for mass production. But this is a debate best handled by you and others with more experience than myself.Second point is more or less what I was implying. I left it as an implication because I don't have your industry experience to really justify taking a position on the matter, so I left the use of Goodyear as simple 'marketing.' I'll leave you to make the case that...
The same process will not be used by hand. Where you're probably getting confused is that Goodyear welt is so popular with mid to high end shoes it has become a byword for any welted shoe. As DFW pointed out, it makes no sense to replicate the Goodyear construction by hand as the entire point is a fast and easy to replicate welted construction using adhesives to hold parts of the shoe together in place of laborious hand stitching. The benefits are that with Goodyear it's...
You want dark brown, they'll go well with almost any setting you'd be wearing that suit in. Black is a solid conservative choice but that's very business only. Burgundy would look great as a less conservative choice while still being dressy. Navy will look weird, colorful shoes should contrast not blend in, the dressier the outfit the more subtle the contrast but even with a tux you get visual contrast with highly polished shoes against the wool suit.
Not to challenge this, I'm genuinely curious: what would you do with a woven tshirt? Presumably it'd have to be a henley not really a T.
Good info but having stiff and shiny wool seems like a bad thing to me. As a customer I'd rather pay to have a presser have to take some extra time than pay for a chemical that adds stiffness and shine to my garment.
I've been following the wallets with interest. Any plans for larger wallets and bridle leather wallets?
They're both plain woven with a white warp and dyed weft but end on end is typically finer. Though not entirely accurate, it's easy to think of chambray as like denim but in a plain weave while most fabrics described as end on end are much like poplin or cotton broadcloth but with the white and color warp and weft.