or Connect

Posts by Thurston Bros

People are already ordering...some people want to wait to see what the jacket looks like with smaller shoulders, but others are confident that the jacket is going to turn out great!  You can order by calling (206) 550-3545 or emailing info@thurston-bros.com
The shoulder measurement can usually be measured from the front (the front shoulder measurement usually equals the back), but not always.  To be safe, measure the shoulders at the back of the jacket (that's the way we do it and we don't want there to be confusion).
Another great option from our Vanson jacket offerings is our Comet PLU...the cut of this cafe' racer is a little bit different from the Model B (it's more fitted through the torso and waist, whereas the Model B is a straight fit through the body). We have this style custom-made for our shop with extra body length and a double-ended zipper for riding comfort! For more information, click to this page on our website: Vanson Comet...
One custom product that we carry is the Vircos Custom Sport Rider jackets...they're awesome and we do killer designs for them!  Vircos is the firm that does most of the MotoGP and WSBK suits for larger, more internationally known companies...  
The Vanson Model B is one of Vanson's most enduring designs for a classic motorcycle jacket (and the base model for our popular Model B Deluxe)!  We have the standard Vanson Model B in stock and ready to ship in sizes 36 through 46 in Vanson's black Comp. Weight leather... www.thurston-bros.com www.insurrectionperformance.com  
With Vanson, their lighter leather is the black Z150, which is a lighter, more flexible version of their standard black Comp. Weight leather.  Vanson doesn't have as much variety in leather weights and finishes as Aero, but Vanson does have a huge selection of colors!
 Our prototype for this jacket is in the design/production queue right and we estimate it should come through in about 4-6 weeks.  We are producing it in the Z150 leather, which proved to be an awesome leather for the crosszip prototype (Daredevil)!
We sell all of our jackets with the option of an armored shirt underneath...  The Knox Urbane Shirt is a good option:  Here's a photo of a customer in his Vanson Chopper with the Knox Urbane underneath... 
We're going to carry this jacket in the shop...I think I'll get one myself...great to ride my GSXR in!  Just be sure to call before you stop by the shop so we're sure that your size didn't go out on a fitting... Absolutely...you can order the jacket without shoulder gussets...
We'll have this info. up soon...