or Connect

Posts by Thurston Bros

Don't worry...sizing will go small enough to accommodate smaller bodies...
Photos of the new Aero Board Racer in front quarter horsehide!  Good lookin' classic leather jacket!  
The key is the Japanese slimfit...therefore, we can do any design in the superslim fit, but we cannot aim to copy the exact jacket...
@LA Guy is receiving a slimfit Vanson for fitting (they're pretty slim).  He can give Style Forum members his impressions...  If we need to further slim things down, we will.  I'm curious to hear his feedback...
 As you know, this jacket is a Junya design.  Junya is a Vanson customer...  Therefore, we can do the slimfit, but we can't do this exact jacket.  For this exact design, you need to purchase through Junya. Vanson currently uses YKK and Lenzip...it's really nice stuff.  Riri heads are tough to come by for replacement, so they aren't a good choice for the long haul... Yes, Vanson currently only does cowhide...
Aero Maxwell Half Belt in Black Horween CXL Front Quarter Horsehide!      
It's right about 2.5 oz...
This was Vanson's Z150 leather, which we've always referred to as the thin comp. weight leather...  
They're both very, very nice...both get great patina!  In fact, Vanson used to use Horween CXL FQHH, but they stopped.  If you like a patina and creasing like in the customer shot below, only Horween CXL FQHH will do the trick! 
From what I can tell and from what I've talked about with Vanson, it looks like a mix...sometimes Firenze, sometimes thinner Comp. Weight cowhide,..