or Connect

Posts by acole

I'm leaning toward making up a couple of canvas bags or other storage divisions to separate navy from black throughout the wardrobe, and maybe even marking the linings of jackets and trousers. I've wasted far too much time running around trying to tell the difference via incandescent, fluorescent, daylight, wife, etc...
Quote: No. I like closely spaced pinstripes. I actually think they are more modern than 1980s. Interesting. I don't really know where I got this idea. I'm more of a chalk-stripe guy, anyway, I think.
Quote: We are going for a drink or 2. We are both 25 and live in the metro Detroit area. Yeah, but where? Sports bar, dive, dance club, swanky hotel? You could need anything from brass knuckles to a conspicuously unbuttoned sateen shirt to the full "American Jackass" regalia... You know, come to think of it, your proposed starting point (nice jeans and a sports jacket) sounds pretty solid, a priori. Just don't wear naff, clunky business shoes. If you...
A lot could depend on your complexion: are you the type to wear a lot of warm colors--yellows and golds and that sort of thing? If you are, there would probably be some synergy with those amber stripes. If you have a fair/cool complexion with blue undertones, and prefer white/blue/icy pink shirts with your suits, it might not be the best match. Not relevant to this suit, but does anyone else associate very closely-spaced pinstripes with the 1980s?
Obviously, if your date is blind, the answer is "anything you want". Hey, someone had to say it... Seriously, give us a venue...picnic by the fishin' hole, or opening night at the opera?
It's in my Netflix queue now, and I've picked up the Highsmith novels to read sometime, after I make it thru SR Donaldson's new Thomas Covenant tome...
Quote: i saw 'purple noon' first and loved it. then i went to see 'ripley' because a friend of mine had read the book, was a big minghella fan, and she said he stayed true to the novel where 'purple noon' had not. i haven't read the book but regardless the original film is better, with much better casting. one question: at the end of 'ripley', he kills his lover. doesn't this open up another can of worms and how he will dispose of the body, etc...? instead the...
Quote: I was mightily disappointed by Heat. Pacino was annoyingly overacting throughout (although DeNiro was terrific). Overacted? Ya think? Well, OK. I did notice that, but I guess I made allowances... "'Cause she got a...GREAT ASS... And you got your head...ALL THE WAY UP IT..." Quote: Replacement Killers is a weak ripoff of the much better Hong Kong films Chow yun Fat has made (check out God of Gamblers, for example) ...
Good luck getting these guys to divulge their sources. I could swear I've bought from closetchix but I can't find a record of it anywhere. My dark olive HF Canterbury from lovedesignersclothes was just as described--it isn't my favorite suit, but that's not his fault. I'd buy again. I just won a Barbera tie from finest4less. He e-mailed yesterday saying how there was a small pen mark on the back of the tie, and would I mind if he sent the tie anyway and refunded the...
Some favorites not yet mentioned: The Big Lebowski (obviously) -- for many reasons--it's as quotable as Python, and Jeff Bridges is almost frighteningly natural in the lead role. He has an elusive diffidence in most other films I've seen him in, but he knows The Dude inside and out. How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Karl Hungus? Koyaanisqatsi -- There simply are no words. Actually the first of a recently-completed trilogy. Unfortunately...