or Connect

Posts by acole

Well, in my experience...safari/cargo-type shorts + DARK socks + athletic shoes or sandals = German, Danish, Dutch, etc. (I normally expect white crew socks (or NO socks) with this kind of garb here in the States.)
Hello, hello, operator? Yes, we're trying to get the fire brigade... No, the fire brigade. Yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes...what?.? Size 13. Yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... yes... No, of course not. Yes... yes...
I'm very pleased to see a good discussion of belts. What do people here think of the offerings from AE? I have 2 in basic black and 'chili', and they're holding up quite well so far.
Quote: But seriously, how many straight guys do you know care about interior design? Always bugged me that we straight guys are supposed to validate our virility by preferring to live in a damp concrete basement lit by a bare bulb hanging from a rope. Our surroundings can be nicer than that, of course, but we're never supposed to care that they are, or take steps to ensure such circumstances beyond giving the little woman a blank check...
You know, some of us just ate lunch, here, and we'd prefer to hang on to it, thank you very much.
Quote: Maybe I will start filtering and systematically deleting all Jantzen related posts, so his business will slow a bit to give him time to work on my projects. Perhaps you can add to your block list all those helpful posts from kind souls who link to and gush about the ebay auctions I'm all set to snipe, as if ebay's search function had quit working.
'round these parts, there's plenty of NO 2 to be had by just breathing. And it lends such a lovely brown color to the horizon, as well...
Quote: Well, IMO life is too short to drink inferior wines. Fair enough. I'm not really sure what other answer I was expecting there. I do tend to...invest more in reds than in whites, at least--along with avoiding "Two-Buck Chuck" and anything that comes in a box.
In my walk-in (with the typical eye-level hanging bar) I have a woodlore shoe rack, and I'm contemplating another. These fit nicely underneath my dress shirts--suits and jackets hang too low to accomodate this kind of rack. All slacks are on the 5-bar "tree" hangers somebody mentioned. I also have woodlore tie hangers that hold 40 ties on brass pins attached to a cedar hanger. If you get one of these (BB&B has them), file down rough spots and corners so you don't snag...
Hmmmmm. Conventional reasoning says: you bid, you won, you pay. But this person's feedback greatly distresses me. Almost all of it is from users who have <10 fb and/or are NARU. And if you check their fb, you keep seeing the same names. There's a clear pattern of NARU'd users and auctions that get ended early among all these IDs. To top it off, your seller wants $40 S&H, and demands a wire transfer, cashier's check, or Western Union (all non-recoverable). What all this...