or Connect

Posts by acole

topcat raises an interesting point about branding and expectation. I always like to go to the "B-93 sale" at the local REI, where unsold, remaindered, defective, and returned merchandise is sold to members at heavy discounts. The tag prices are already low, but about an hour from the end the sales staff begin applying further global markdowns: 25% off, 50% off, then 75%. So folks in the know get there early, shop quickly, and sit on the pile until 3:59. I got a $300+ pair...
[I wrote this after reading somewhere around 27 newspaper articles, editorials, and e-mails telling me to be upset about this ridiculous issue. Congratulations, it worked. This is long and screed-esque, so don't say you weren't warned.] Bill O'Reilly and the rest of the Conservative Blowhard Bund have hauled out the pitchforks (again) and are accusing the ACLU and the secular, multicultural Left of Conspiring to Strip the Christianity out of Christmas and Generally...
Well, if they're knocking off CN, they're doing it BIG...775 CN items listed, from dresses to men's trousers to shoes.
I'm planning to unload some things I've acquired that didn't work out for me b/c of fit, style, color, whatever...from suits to trenchcoats to shoes. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to put together a set of listings for the pre-xmas rush. I thought maybe one of our regular sellers could weigh in on the best time to list (relax, I don't have enough stock to seriously compete with you ) Have you noticed your apparel sales taking a dive between Christmas Eve and New...
I'm heading to Vegas soon, and hope to hit some post-xmas sales. Anyone have recommendations or intel on local sale events?
Well, if you can't admit (much less explain) your own real-world clusterf--ks, I guess it's probably soothing to pin medals on the chief architects of the disaster and then daydream about How It Could've Been So Much Worse. Sorry, Will: Going into Iraq--especially with rotten intel, trumped-up "coalition", and no clear plan--was a monumentally asinine thing to do. No amount of post hoc exaggeration, subjunctive mental masturbation, or tendentious conflation of erstwhile...
Quote: New sale starting today. Some good buys Indeed. Now, fess up: it was one of y'all stole that blue/pink stripe 18" Dunhill spread collar shirt right outta my shopping cart, wasn't it? I put it in there, went to grab one more thing, and by the time I hit checkout some 90 seconds later, it was sold out. If you find a good deal at Sierra, don't screw around--they don't put holds on stuff just 'cause it's in your cart. The 10% code posted here...
Quote: In the beginning there was the Ownensia and the Manhattan. Solely for the benefit of archive-searchers: that model name is spelled Onwentsia.
Depends on the thickness of the shirt, and the presence and color of any chest hair. I think most of us can agree that you don't want to have distracting outlines etc. showing up under your shirt front. For me, that usually translates to a white crewneck T. I don't understand the tanks/wife-beaters/"A"-shirts, frankly, since anything sleeveless puts your armpits in direct contact with your dress shirt.
Sellers would do well to steer entirely clear of politics, IMO...why alienate half your potential market? Always puzzled me to see Bush or Kerry signs outside gas stations, shops, restaurants, etc.