or Connect

Posts by acole

Quote: I see you live in D.C., hope you're not involved in running our government. Given that artdeco A) acknowledged and apologized for his mistake, and B) actually fixed what was wrong, it's safe to assume he has precisely nothing to do with running our current government.
That's an option, of course, but since I only paid ten bucks I'd rather fix the buttons and either flip it or make a gift of it--there are quite a few 38-40 types in my family. Funny thing is, the seller wrote in his auction "I'm only a 38 so this thing is practically double-breasted on me." If he'd only known.
Well, I know Ben Silver does real gold monogrammed blazer buttons for ~$1K, but that's probably not what you're after... It's a coincidence that you posted this just now, because not 5 minutes ago I received a "Nordstrom single-breasted 46L" navy wool overcoat I'd bought on ebay. Nice pick-stitching details and peaked lapels. I put it on, and the shoulders felt like a vise while the waist was impossibly large. I looked again, did a double-take at buttons sewn right on...
Been eyeing those as well. A search on "Harrison AND cashmere" reveals the extent of the forum's collective (and wholly hypothetical) wisdom on these Harrison coats. Also, by happy coincidence, it yields a retail figure ($1800) for a HF cashmere coat similar to the one I asked about in another thread... I have a Harrison sweater from Bluefly, and it feels very soft; however the torso length is on the short side and the sizing is very generous. No idea how they'll hold up;...
This is an all-cashmere overcoat from Hickey-Freeman. What would you call this lapel style, and is it classic? Logically, I suppose, it's just an extremely narrow notch, but it looks different enough that I thought it might have its own name. Also, if anyone can comment on the general construction quality of HF's formal outerwear, or give a ballpark vintage and retail price for this coat, I'd be much obliged...
Some lesser-known nominees: Benton Harbor, MI AKA "plywood capital of the world". Most of the downtown is (or at least was) boarded up and deserted. (I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Flint yet, either.) Centralia, PA where smoking is redundant.
Quote: Did I read that wrong, or did they type it wrong?? I think you read it wrong. The scammers switched the barcodes in the store before buying, then removed the stickers and exchanged the items for store-credit gift cards at their actual value. (As far as $5.99 vs. $599 goes, they probably weren't quite so brazen about it. If they were putting $399 stickers on $599 rugs, I woudn't be surprised if they sailed right thru checkout.) The reverse...
Key problems? One word: ampallang. If you lose 'em after this, believe me, you'll know about it. Might raise an eyebrow or two if you bring a date home, of course--and driving? Pull the seat forward. Like, WAY forward...
Quote: You can easily store 300 pairs in these, which is plenty for most people. So few???
Strange. When I try it, the final checkout screen has a big notice in red: "Please use specified credit card only for this promotion." The 20% discount is there, but so is $9.95 for standard S&H. The drop-down for "credit card type" lists only "Banana Republic". If I go back and use BRSTYLE2, I get the free shipping, and the usual full list of credit cards. Do you already have a BR card, by chance? Because if not, I'm mystified as to why we'd get such different results.