or Connect

Posts by acole

Nice shirt.  You got the same mitred cuffs that I did. When did you place the order? I'm still waiting for mine.  Say, it would be nice to have a 'MTM/bespoke shirts I Have Known' thread with pics of y'all's custom shirts...apart from being fun, it would be helpful to see how particular collar models actually look, see the shirting fabric as a complete realization rather than just a swatch, etc.  I had fun assembling my first Jantzen shirt, but I don't have a real clear...
$70, plus a $10 tip.  I have very fine hair and a round face, and the classic men's barbershop haircuts always looked silly on me.  Then I tried bargain salons, supercuts, etc. with mixed results...it wasn't the barber's crew- or bowl cut, but it still looked silly.  Finally, I concluded that my silliness was intrinsic, and found a stylist who's skilled enough to disguise it ;-)  It may be pricey, but I ain't switchin'. Since it's a longer-wearing style, I just...
For color suggestions you could try Andy's forum.  Scroll down and read the bits under 'COORDINATION' and you'll get some good tips.  There's also this page as well as articles 1, 2, and 3 at Actors Northwest.   Confused yet?   I haven't ever been able to pin down what 'season' I am...I just try stuff on and go with what looks right.  For me, the colors that work don't fit neatly into a seasonal category.  I'm still trying to work it out, but I tend to think that...
I'll put my vote down for the Windsor, even if I don't use it all that often for the reasons stated by others. Incidentally, many of the "how to tie..." websites give conflicting instructions on the 'standard' knots. Fortunately for us all, the Cambridge physicists who wrote that "85 ways to tie a tie" book first wrote several technical articles on the topic.  These erudite monographs are at once an important leap forward in men's fashion and an object lesson in how to...