or Connect

Posts by acole

You can buy various boxes that strip out macrovision, even for tape-to-tape dubbing.  If you're working on a computer, there may also be capture cards or software that could do the same.  I've never actually done any of this, so I don't have specifics, but the technology is there.  Try www.videohelp.com and search on "VHS to DVD" or "VHS macrovision".
I get: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /32/3/22/12/263632212ilCOSN_ph.jpg on this server. Maybe try ImageShack? I've never come across a Bendetti, but as they appear to retail in the low-to-mid $200s, I wouldn't hold my breath wrt construction, etc.
No point in reposting all the pictures, but several of us contributed to a favorite ties thread a while back.
I just grabbed two in chocolate and "garden green" from Brooks Bros. clearance sale.  Decently soft lambswool for $35...their cashmere ones'll set ya back much more.  They had all sorts of colors/sizes when the sale began; now it's a bit picked over.  They appear to run a bit large, generally speaking, but consistent with other BB knitwear sizing. I enjoy being able to wear a sweater vest under a sports coat and not develop gangrene in the arms like I do with a full...
Quote: I can't imagine Cheney would so terribly underdress on purpose though Oh, ye of little faith... This can't have been a screwup.  There's not a stray second of these guys' public appearances that isn't carefully choreographed and costumed with much deliberation.  Proper dress for a head of state at a freaking Holocaust memorial has got to be on the top ten list of sartorial no-brainers.  And we know he's got at least one black formal...
From recent experience: If you're considering any natural-fiber coat on eBay that isn't obviously straight from overstock or tag sales, press the seller hard about moth damage before you bid...and expect to be rudely surprised anyway.  
Diagnosis: fashion catatonia well through college.  A lone childhood snapshot reveals a vestige of unintended style, probably an echo of a previous life: russet-and-yellow plaid pants with a burnt orange ribbed turtleneck 1/4-zip.  The proud ship sank beneath the waves immediately after that...anonymous jeans, t-shirts, gawdawful poly-blend "dress shirts" with short sleeves, "OshKosh-b'Gosh", and Orlon sweaters from Penney's and Sears (or an older cousin)...set against a...
Quote: It also creates a visual illusion of a bigger chest, which may tend to minimize one's waist. ...not that any of us here needs that. Good analysis.  I like the gradual lapel roll in R78L's last 2 photos.  And as for my waistline, let's just say it doesn't need any "help".  I feel the same about those formal vests that have a "bib" or U-shaped shirt reveal...much prefer the V there too. Although, I actually like the navy DB Renault posted....
Might as well just post the image here... Manton, is there anything deliberate about the way lapel edges are fashioned into either a sharp "V" outline or a curved "U"?  You can see the latter sort of curvature in this picture, although it might just be an issue of the wearer pulling on the suit in this case.  Canali's DB suits are a bona fide example; the edges of the lapels are explicitly convex. I always find this detail off-putting; I'd much rather see a sharp V,...
Quote: One of my best friends (he will be one of my groomsmen) is virtually impossible to set up with anyone because not only is he fairly taciturn conversationalist in any case, but around women, you'd swear he was doing one of those street performer statue acts.  It's too bad, because he is a great guy - honest, trustworthy, a terrific friend who'll have your back at any time - and not too bad looking a guy to boot. LAGuy, Evil Thread...