or Connect

Posts by acole

I guess that's my main problem with the shoe; I find its excess busy and unsubtle.  The only design motif I really can't stand in its own right is the "long wing"--the long sweep of broguing parallel to the line of the welt.  If I'm going to commit to that much broguing, I vastly prefer the abbreviated, curved lines of the "short" wing design.   As for generational differences, aren't you at least heartened that we callow youth are discussing wing-tips at all?  
Sometimes I iron stuff in the evening.  And when I get up at 3AM and stumble over the @#%$ thing in the dark on my way to the john, you can bet I have some "strong feelings" about ironing boards. We just have a cheap one from Target...I do think the padding could be a bit better; it's collapsed and the pattern of the underlying grill is now visible.   How many shapes of ironing boards are there, anyway?  I strongly suspect pressing shirts will be just as big a pain in...
As this thread no longer affords sufficient space or oxygen to do it properly, we're now roasting several of you over here.    Thought it was only fair to point that out. It's been an interesting discussion. The only black suit I have is fused, which doesn't do much for my desire to wear it.  I'd use it for a funeral, and I've worn it with more vivid colors (red, violet) to bars, clubs, and parties.  I think plain black (or black w/ stripes) looks fine in a party...
Quote: The OP's comments aren't trollish at all. I stand corrected, then.  Color me breathless for the next salvo of penetrating transatlantic insight, which I'm sure will make for a scintillating addition to our colloquy. Now, off to find those size 27 Guess jeans and hone my pathologically American self-delusion...
Maybe we need a Universal Hall-of-Flame Drinking Game Thread we can refer people to each time so they'll know when to drink, and how much.  Might go a little something like this: 1. Is it OK to wear [a black suit/a Gumby tie] to [the office/a funeral/my wedding]? 2. Well, it does go against the rules...but no one's stopping you. 3. LA LA LA you can't make me. Your rules aren't the boss of me.   4. I broke rule 7 a bunch of times. Once I even got compliments.  ...
Neither graceful nor beautiful, warthogs are nonetheless remarkable animals. They are found in most of Africa south of the Sahara and are widely distributed in East Africa. They are the only pigs able to live in areas without water for several months of the year. By tolerating a higher-than-normal body temperature, the warthog is perhaps able to conserve moisture inside its body that might otherwise be used for cooling. (Camels and desert gazelles have developed a similar...
As to tdial's hypothesis, I went ahead and asked them.  I promptly received this response from Bluefly: Quote: Thank you for writing.  Harrison cashmere sweaters are one of Bluefly's private labels.  We do have a few other labels of our own such as Hayden and Cullen cashmere sweaters.  If you have any other questions about any of these labels, please let us know and we will be happy to supply you with any information needed. They didn't answer my...
Quote: Short or low vamps work best, as you have found. Interesting consensus.  I'm a 13C/D as well, and I consciously avoid low-vamp shoes.  I don't like the vast (to my mind, anyway) expanse of sock that gets displayed, nor the physical interference between trouser cuffs and the tongue of the shoe.  I gravitate instead toward normal/higher-vamp lace-ups or monks, relying on a generous cuff-break to camouflage any perceived 'excess' terrain. I...
Why not just ask the moderators of AAAC why they deleted your post?  Since no one here can account for their actions, the only thing left to discuss is your characterization of AskAndy as "very much bad-mannered".  The most likely result of that, of course, is the polemics you say you want to avoid...
What's the scoop on the "Issimo" label? Apart from allusions to the Canali factory, I've found nothing. Rebadged quality, or unaffiliated fused junk?