or Connect

Posts by mljs54

Debating picking up the black/walnut from DWR right now.  $3,875 at the moment before tax (15% off + free shipping on all HM).  I wonder how much more I would save holding out buying a brand new one from a reputable dealer.  Guessing a few hundred at most?
Thanks. Should I go Neutral or is the Dark Brown ok for the PA's?
Folks, have a quick question:   Which AE polish/cream do you recommend for a pair of PA's in Dark Brown Burnished Calf? I want to preserve the original color with a subtle shine.   I'm thinking of picking up the Dark Brown Shoe Cream ($8 on AE's website):   http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF560_1_40000000001_-1_507   Thanks in advance.
Quick question -- did anyone ever have success sizing down and going wider on the 5 last?   I started out with a 12D (PA), way too tight near the toe box.  12E was still too tight after about ~6 wears (Strands).  12EEE was way too big.  12EE felt ok at first, but now feels too big in the front.   I wonder if I should have gone down to 11.5 and went wider (EE or EEE).
I've finally switched over all of my work shoes to AEs (after getting the size right). Currently rotating the following:   PA - Black PA - Brown Strand - Walnut   The PAs are both worn with formal suit and ties and the Strands get worn on Friday with a business casual outfit.   I'm looking to get 1-2 more pairs.     Any recommendations on "essential" colors/styles that I'm missing?  I'm thinking of something in Chili or Bourbon.  I almost wish I got the Strands...
Thinking of grabbing the 222 in Green from the Soho store in NYC.  Any place cheaper online that is legit?  I need it fairly soon so unless I can get a good discount I don't mind paying full retail.   Thanks.
Greetings SF, Had this shirt made while on a trip to HK.  What do you think about the fit?  It is darted BTW as there's generally no way to achieve a slimmer waist look with my body type without the shirt becoming overly feminine looking in the hips.  I'm generally happy with the fit but feel the sleeves/shoulder area could be a little bigger?  Also, apologies for the wrinkles, it's been an all-nighter at this point.
Can someone recommend me a classic looking cap toe that's made on a wider last... I've only really tried the AE Park Avenues (in both D and E) and the toe box has been way too narrow for my feet (I'm naturally an 11.5E, and don't really have this issue in loafers).  Would like to keep price under ~$600.  Thank you.
Better all-around casual shoe to buy for this summer?   JCrew Suede Kenton Bucks in Boulder   https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441834277&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302082192&nav_type=PRMNAV&bmUID=krB4a1A   or   OSB Beefroll Penny Loafers in Natural   http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/natural-chromexcel-beefroll-penny-loafer
I need a recommendation of where to get a good casual (for jeans and chinos) leather belt in NYC.  Want something that's ~35mm in brown leather with a traditional style buckle.  Thanks.