or Connect

Posts by Academic2

The physical forces a shirt is subjected to by wearing it and moving around in it are surely far greater than the force of gravity it’s subjected to by hanging it.  Hanging won’t stretch it.    It's a shirt, not a sweater.   Cheers,   Ac
Boo! New suit. Happy Halloween. Cheers, Ac Edit:  added after-dark pumpkin photo because, well, just because  ...   [[SPOILER]]
 I agree, for purposes of this thread. A separate thread devoted to fits from knowledgeable folk like you entitled something like "What I Was Going to Wear But Decided Not To and I'm Going to Tell You Why" would be very educational. But yes, a separate thread. Cheers, Ac
I will say that I notice things in photos that I don’t notice in the mirror.  I don’t understand the psychology of that, but I’ve found snapping a picture to be very useful, whether I post it or not.   That’s probably just me, however.   Cheers,   Ac
Motorcycles are only fun if you've never ridden a horse.   Cheers,   Ac
Yes.  As I’ve remarked before, accepting that what looks good on others won’t necessarily look good on you is a painful but necessary step in learning to dress the body you have rather than the one you wish you had.    The good news is that that’s one of the reasons tailoring was invented.   Cheers,   Ac
Driving in Boston:  don’t.   I like the city, but the drivers are some of the worst in the U.S.   Driving through Central Park in Manhattan after 2:00 a.m. when streets are almost empty the night after a snowstorm has left a blanket of white but the sky has cleared to reveal a full moon:  one of life’s finer pleasures.   Having cleared that up, may I squeeze in a question?   Anyone care to share an opinion on the optimum distance between the pin stripes on a...
 Agreed.  The individual components are mostly "Ivy," but most of his combinations are not. AAS and sugarbutch are two posters here, among others of course, whose fits frequently demonstrate excellent pattern mixing, despite their self-evidently different "styles"—a fact which confirms that there are at least some visual principles that transcend individual preference in certain contexts. Cheers, Ac
Interestingly, he is also a politician, having run for office as a Conservative party member.   www.theguardian.com/politics/person/9264/linkson-jack   http://www.theguardian.com/politics/constituency/1049/jarrow   —Ac
[[SPOILER]]  O.K.  I'll bite.  What is it you don't like?  The tie/square/socks matchy-ness?  The white shirt?I thumbed it anyway out of sheer bloody-mindedness. Cheers, Ac