or Connect

Posts by Academic2

Actually, it's a height thing.  For most purposes ponies are less than 14.2 hands tall.   It's complicated by the fact that 'pony' can also be a term of endearment, and if used in that sense can be applied to a horse, especially in the UK.   Cheers,   Ac   Edit:  the above applies to full-grown animals.
 Because he spent most of his professional career there, or in nearby towns, and he died in Vienna.  He's buried in the Zentralfriedhof, which is very much worth a visit.  Don’t forget he was pupil of Haydn, and his music, particularly the earlier stuff, is regarded as part of Viennese classicism. Cheers, Ac
 No, Sander has the expression right.  It's been around since the 50s. Cheers, Ac
 Yes, but usually with a bit of irony to the formality.  It's a Viennese thing. Sounds like a great trip, BTW.  I look forward to some photos. Cheers, Ac
Hi guys.  A quick question if I may.   What exactly is the purpose of adding mink to a blend?  What quality does it bring to the cloth that wouldn't be there if it hadn't been added?   Thanks in advance.   Cheers,   Ac
 May I ask which software you use for your collages?  I use Fotor on occasion.  Thanks. Cheers, Ac
 There are two issues here.  The first is that you don't enjoy it.  In that case you shouldn't do it.  Get someone else to shine them.  Your clothes are supposed to make you happy.  If they don't, you're doing it wrong.  (Nice fit, by the way.) The other issue issue, for those who don't mind the process, is how to do it.  This response is meant for those people. Applying cream to the shoe is straightforward and doesn’t need much explanation.  Getting a good shine on the...
I don’t think either single vote or multiple vote is inherently better;  they’re simply different and result in different vote distributions.   The chief shortcoming for me in the single-vote format is that some might not cast a vote for an entry once it becomes clear that it’s no longer in the running, having simply fallen too far behind, even if they think it the best.   That makes some sense in a real-world political election (where the notion of a “wasted vote” is...
Agree on BB, but I just checked and couldn't find a navy one on their website.   Cheers,   Ac
Everything depends on your definition of ‘decent’.  Some people find  Charles Tyrwhitt suits decent.  Most if not all are 100% wool.   http://www.ctshirts.com/mens-suits/view-all?q=usddefault|||||||||||||||&ppp=156&browse=Y#   Cheers,   Ac