or Connect

Posts by Academic2

I think there's some truth to this (and white shirts do look especially good against darker skin), but I'll add that even pasty-faced guys like me like them when worn with a very pale tie, like this blue Borrelli neat (suit is charcoal).  Of course it's a low-contrast look, but I'm fine with those from time to time, although I realize that some aren't. Cheers, Ac 
 Anyone who dislikes white shirts (and there are such folk) needs to check out chocsosa’s postings to this thread; really lovely.  Sugarbutch is another member who wears them often and well. Cheers, Ac
 Have you tried just rolling it a bit tightly and leaving it for a day or so?  That’s always the first thing I try, as it’s the safest. You probably don't need to be told this, but future readers of this might:  if one does press a tie (last resort IMO) try not to press over the keeper, as this can give you a crease on the front of the tie that can be well nigh impossible to remove. Cheers, Ac
Orange tie ...   Cheers,   Ac    
You're probably right.  I was looking at the front shot.   Cheers,   Ac
To be honest, I think the jacket might be just a tiny bit short, too, though it's certainly possible that's just a consequence of the camera angle.   Cheers,   Ac
Actually, I would consider lengthening the trousers a tiny bit.  As it stands, your socks are showing.   Of course if that's the look you want, go for it.  But it's not 'classic'.   Cheers,   Ac
I haven't been able to access the site since last night owing to the server problem.    This is just a quick post to say "thank you" for the thumbs a couple of pages back.  Much appreciated, guys.   Cheers,   Ac (hoping this post goes through ...)
My access has been intermittent.  Mostly I can't get on.  I did e-mail support@styleforum.net a couple of hours ago, and received the following, very quick, reply:   "Unfortunately, we changed servers last night, anticipating no issues, but we had some rerouting problems.  The were fixed yesterday, but the changes have not all propagated downstream yet.  I think that the local ISPs are the bottleneck right now, but clearing your caches *might* speed up the process....
It started last night, and it's not limited to phones.  I'm at home using my laptop and have been having the problem intermittently.      Cheers,   Ac