Posts by Academic2

Today.  Cashmere jacket, wool tie, off-white flannel trousers. Cheers, Ac       [[SPOILER]]
 No.  Mulberrywood is the name of the weave.  Goes back to David merging with the original "Mulberrywood silk company": http://www.modernfellows.com/sam-hober-ties/ Cheers, Ac
 T.G.F.C. 1 Cheers, Ac 1  “Thank God for Cleav.”
I've been way too busy in recent months to be taking photographs.  This was yesterday:  a new Cappelli and an older Spier & Mackay flannel.  Not shown:  black cap toe oxfords (what else?).   Cheers,   Ac    
 I've got one, perhaps two, Oxfords and while I like them a lot they have just enough sheen that I wouldn't pair them with a woolen or tweed jacket, only worsted or other hard finish.  Whenever in doubt, get swatches. Cheers, Ac
 Please tell me you're not talking about "The Mesmerizer," boss ... Cheers, Ac    ()
 Agreed.   And a tie that might be challenging for someone with a very small wardrobe might not be for someone with more jacket choices.   “Challenging” isn’t just a matter of degree, it’s relativized to the individual owner’s available options. A truly bad tie is bad all on its own—it’s not a relative matter (although we may very well disagree on whether any individual ties is worthy of this level of disapprobation).  This I take it was McFox’s point when he said “This...
 Can we rule out the possibility that people carry their own, bespoke seats?   Cheers, Ac
My experience is a bit different.  My Hobers are slightly more heavily lined than my Cappellis (if both cases I would have bought whatever was the default at the time of purchase), although I agree that both are substantially heavier than Wu.   Cheers,   Ac
“A kidney oozed bloodgouts on the willowpatterned dish:  the last. He stood by the nextdoor girl at the counter. Would she buy it too, calling the items from a slip in her hand? Chapped: washingsoda. And a pound and a half of  Denny's sausages. His eyes rested on her vigorous hips. Woods his name is. Wonder what he does. Wife is oldish. New blood. No followers allowed. Strong pair of arms. Whacking a carpet on the clothesline. She does whack it, by George. The way her...