or Connect

Posts by Academic2

Unlike the U.S., where many of our cities are quite famous for their shooting ... Cheers, Ac
 Thanks.  I'm jealous.  It sounds terrific. I've got a real soft spot for English country jackets; I wish we saw more on SF.   One of my favorites was a faux suede Norfolk jacket I bought in Canterbury on my first visit to England many years ago, right after graduating from university.  I wore that thing until it fell apart. Cheers, Ac
[[SPOILER]]  Nice jacket.  Is the throat latch functional or just decorative? Cheers, Ac
Sorry.  I'm asking more out of curiosity than because of any immediate plan.  Step one, for me, is getting a ball-park sense of whether there's much difference in cost between using the cloth provided by the tailor and providing the cloth myself.   Thanks, everyone.   Cheers,   Ac
 Good questions.  Thanks. Single-breasted, no pleats, solid. Cheers, Ac
 I know what you mean.  Short days are a bit depressing.  By the same token, we're heading into the time when we can wear tweed, scarves, overcoats, sweaters, and gloves.  Fall and winter attire is something to celebrate. The Style Gods give, and the Style Gods take away ... Cheers, Ac
Anyone know approximately how much fabric would I need for a three-piece suit?    If it matters, I'm 5'9" tall and take an off-the-rack size 36 or 34.   Thanks.   Cheers,   Ac
Yes, I miss Holdfast's contributions.  He was an astute observer of the class and social implications of dress and the psychologies involved in these.   Cheers,   Ac
 I’m involuntarily cringing just thinking about it. My condolences. Cheers, Ac
On a related but independent point …   People think that what they see when they look in the mirror is an objective representation dependent solely on the impingement of photons on their retinas.  It’s not.  It’s the brain’s highly processed and thus subjective interpretation of that raw data.  In truly pathological cases the subjectivity can be life-threatening—victims of anorexia nervosa, for example, truly see a fat person when they look in the mirror, while most of...