or Connect

Posts by Academic2

Don't we need to sacrifice a goat or something? Cheers, Ac
 Have you tried giving it a good brushing with a good clothes brush?    Cheers, Ac
 Me too.  It's the first thing that comes to mind when there's this kind of shoulder/hip disproportion (aka 'pear shape'). Of course it's my preferred look anyway, so I'm hardly impartial. Cheers, Ac Edit:  I'm talking city, not country suit.
Can you please tell me what the collar point length is for a size 15 “Light Blue Kingston Dobby Texture”?   Thanks.   Cheers,   Ac
Out of curiosity, what do you think is the difference between 'business casual' and simply 'casual'?  Is it something you can recognize just by looking at it?   (Honest question.)   Cheers,   Ac
 Welcome back! Cheers, Ac
(1)  In some quarters these days Oxford/Balmoral simply means closed lacing and Derby/Blucher simply means open lacing.   (2)  There is an older distinction between Derby and Blucher which is less often encountered nowadays:    in a Derby the quarters are a separate piece of leather from the vamp; in a Blucher the vamp and quarters are the same piece of leather.   (3)  There is less and less standardization of terms.  So far as many retailers are concerned, for...
I've come to love dark brown Adelaides, though I don't currently own a pair.   Regarding Oxfords with odd jackets, people seem to be bothered less about it than they used to be.  While the general principle that suits are more formal than odd jacket/trouser combinations and thus tend to go best with more formal shoes like Oxfords is surely true, there are a lot of characteristics which make a shoe more or less formal beyond the lacing.   Personally I find that a dressy...
 I'm curious.  In your opinion, is it possible for a suit to be too tight?  If so, what are the visible signs of this?Cheers, Ac
 Yes, so far as the jacket, tie, and trousers are concerned.  And the beard, of course. Claghorn's collars are typically a bit more widely spread, however, and those shoes don't strike me as his style. Both are lovely fits, however. Cheers, Ac