or Connect

Posts by Academic2

The real risk isn't wrinkling, it's moths and other wool-eating insects.     Clean them (to kill the insect larvae) and seal them in plastic bags at the end of the season.   Cheers,   Ac
^  Looks green(ish) on my screen, if that helps.   Cheers,   Ac
Really?  Thanks.  But how strange.  Which one will I get if I order a tie?  (My only Hober is a Prince of Wales and this issue didn't arise.)  I want the pattern in the lower picture, which is what jungleroller appears to be wearing.   Cheers,   Ac
The patterns are different, i.e.:   Fabric 1 (top photo):   x     x    x    x   x    o    o   o   o x    x     x    x   x    o    o   o   o   etc.   Fabric 2 (bottom photo):   x  o  x  o  x  o  x o  x  o  x  o  x  o x  o  x  o  x  o  x   etc.   Cheers,   Ac
Not sure what I'd get if I ordered one, however, since there are two very different fabrics shown on that page:     and     https://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-135.html   Jungleroller's tie seems to have the pattern of the second but the colors of the first.   Cheers,   Ac
 Thanks. Weird, though:  there are two photos on the linked-to page and they appear to be of two different fabrics.  What gives, I wonder? Cheers, Ac
 Damn.  Thanks for the information, however. Cheers, Ac
[[SPOILER]]  Nice. Jungleroller, that tie's brown on my screen.  Is it brown in real life?  Which Hober is it?Thanks in advance. Cheers, Ac
 Yes.  And they're pretty cheap, too. Cheers, Ac
 Definitely red on my screen. Nice either way though, and thus happily thumbed. Cheers, Ac