or Connect

Posts by Halifax

Hi Chris,   I believe it is possible to get a suit made in 10 days but I would recommend taking a well fitted suit to your initial appointment to reduce the risks. However, two more important questions are: i) a short turn around can led to hastened work which may adversely affect the construction; and ii) the tailor needs to also be comfortable to work within your time constraints. In the case of Narin, I suspect he would not agree to your suggestion.   Cheers, HPH
Dear Members,   I am currently comparing several shirt makers and I discovered a "life" and "basin" measurement taken from the shirt. Has anyone else come across these measurement terms before? I suspect the life measurement is taken around the waist and the basin is taken around the shirt where the side seam meets the bottom hem. Cheers, HPH
 That was the original intention of my (very) rough ranking. By definition, I consider tier three tailors to explicitly use this business model. It is important not to label all Thai tailors under this umbrella - there are honest and skilled ones out there, which is why there is a discussion about it.Something else I remembered: whilst at Muse Hotel, I remember there was a speak easy sky bar in alignment with the hotel's 1920's vibe. You take the elevator up to the top...
My post was a bit of a ramble, I apologise. I was trying to answer some of the questions raised whilst adding comments along the way and I can see how it is a bit confusing. To clarify, I have done business with Tanika and Rajawongse (only once). I have visited and spoken with Narin, Tailor on Ten, and Pinky. In addition, I have second hand information about Narin, Tanika, ToT, WorldGroup, Perry's.   The other comments are a more of a matter of opinion and should be...
 Definitely get shirts. In fact, there is also the local RTW/MTM brand LalaDuly which is worth checking out. If your into a bit more trending clothing, JBB* has also been recommended to me. Something that some of the members might be keen to know is if you can source Eurpoean fabrics from any of the textile merchants in Bangkok. I'm 99% sure you can't, but you can never be certain.  Unfortunately I cannot answer that for you
So here are some opinions...   Siam Leather Goods: Kiwiman (member) is a local Thai and a leather fiend who has recommended these guys to me before.   July Tailor: His notoriety stems from the fact that he has dresses several members of the Thai royal family. I have never visited his store, nor spoken with anyone who has. All I know is that he has been around for a while and has a reputation for making quality clothes. I have no idea whether he offers hand details,...
Hi SeaGriffin, I can provide you with quite a bit of information since I have been in discussion with another member, Naphatw, who has been shopping around between tailors. The list of good tailors, that I know of, is very short. The list of tailors that will not rip you off is slightly longer, but 99% of them are not worth considering. Let me read this thread properly first...
I was under the impression that most HK tailors (Chan included) have moved there tailoring to Shanghai. Shanghai has become a mecca for tailoring workshops due to the MTM business (AE Bespoke is one such example that comes to mind). There's also Red Collar in Qingdao. There are workshops in Thailand too - I know that TAL Group has some operations in Thailand and lala Duly would have to make there shirts locally. NW also mentioned that Bote Benchakarn's collection is made...
Hi Naphatw,   Thank you for offering your time to answer any questions.   First question: are you a local Thai residing in Bangkok?   Re Pinky's I had heard that it was better than the fabled Gulati shops (Raja's, Rajawongse, and Gulati Bespoke) but I had not done any business with them.   Second question: do you have any comments about tailors that have not been mentioned on this thread? Looking forward to your opinions   HPH   Edit: Ignore that first...
 Haha peer pressure CMT...