or Connect

Posts by LouieBailie

You got all this knowledge of Bakers boots in a month or so, congratulations it is just amazing...
"Any tips on the horsehide maintenance?"   Leave horsehide alone except to mildly clean it (I use bick 4) It already has enough oils for sealing out water from the tanning process.
Would you please post the data to back that opinion. Because both pair in that series of pictures absorbed all the coating as brushed heavily on, and turned out perfectly flexible and water resistant, just like Huberds was developed to accomplish. Matter of fact, there are additional pics of one pair in the 8/11 post showing how nice and evenly they turned out after wearing a couple of times.  PS I just ordered another gallon of Bick-4 for fall/winter season treating of my...
In the case of trying to get leather scuffs to darken, Huberds rubbed in using the bottom of a table spoon and small dabs of the corresponding kiwi polish color does the job quicker on darker colored leather. On shell cordovan I use just Bick-4/spooning.   Bick 4 just cleans & conditions, Huberds cleans, darkens and conditions.
Those Vibram 705 soles and heels just overwhelmed those who never saw them before..   Just sent some 18 inch Boss Black boots in to get double leather &  midsoled half topped with Carolina if they can find or 705 stiched on in white with +1/2 full block Catspaw heels finished in brown.
"Can anyone with brown dress leather, or anyone at all, recommend how to remove these scuffs? Brushing doesn't do much."   Huberds and a spoon will remove them in 1 2 coats.
used them for storing heavy metal all gone
I have a very nice in excellent condition Schott model 585 Brown Vintaged Antique butter soft cowhide jacket in a very hard to find XXL size, I wear 48 or 50 and it fits very nicely. The price on these is $850.00 from retailers and $750 from the ebay retailers.   I have worn and owned 3 of these and seen another half dozen at Schott in New Jersey. This one is the nicest coloring of any I have ever seen and is much softer than any I have ever worn or tried on. These go...
Leather will stretch and tear if you pull on or put pressure on any single layer piece. You are supposed to use your body weight to push your feet into the boots, if you try to pull the boot up and on prior to being completely broken in, with the single layer strap, it will 99% of the time tear. As you have now found out. If leather is not double layered or stitch reinforced, one can not pull heavily on it for too long before it tears. If those boots are lined they will be...