or Connect

Posts by adirondaki

I flipped back and forth between the game and WW. The Israeli PM's suit struck me, too, as being notably nice.  Ironically, at least with respect to authenticity, Israeli politicians tend to dress down.  With the exception of Benjamin Netanyahu, one does not regularly see Israeli public figures in suits and ties, much less really nice suits and ties.
daily prep for work-- shower + shave: 10-15 mins suit + tie + oxfords: 10-15 mins total = 20 - 30 mins (variation occurs because of things like French cuffs, stays for collars vs. button down, bowtie vs. necktie, etc) It's pretty much the same for dressy evenings; add 5-10 mins for tux (studs, detachable collar, waistcoat, bow tie, etc) MUCH, MUCH less time than my spouse; probably half as long
The Brooks shoe trees don't appear to be on sale anymore. Eighteen dollars would be a good price for those shoe trees (which look like the shoe trees Alden gives you every time you send in your shoes for a factory restoration).
Try here: http://www.shipton-usa.com/erol.html#825x0&& or here: http://www.peasandcorn.com/shoecare.asp
They offer fairly high quality merchandise which is thoughtfully selected and usually pretty stylish; however, their prices are set pretty high.  Sometimes you can find a bargain in their outlet section.  I think their catalogue and website showcase their products well. Two complaints: 1) I have ordered "club" ties (motif ties) from them, and found the quality to be middling; and 2) customer service is fairly bad: it is surprising, because it seems like the sort of...
I have wide feet, too.  I have been looking at British shoemakers' products for some time, and I have yet to find one who carries a shoe I REALLY like in my width. However, if you are willing to look at a US shoemaker, I recommend Alden.  Their standard range of widths for all their styles include EEE, and they may even have EEEE as a standard width (cannot remember off the top of my head).   Very well made shoes
Rider -- I take it on faith that you are right about Alden's shoe tree supplier, but Alden's shoe trees are definitely cedar, not beech
Just took a look at the Cura products.  Lay aside the shoe cream; anyone know what the difference is between the carnauba wax and the premium polish?
the next step forward -- mixing plaids. Just kidding, fellows. I think it is delightful if my fellow forum members want to mix stripes. For me, it doesn't work; just doesn't look right to my eye. I don't have an opinion on Flusser one way or the other. Just happened to browse through the book while I was killing time in Brooks Bros recently. In any case, my point may have been missed -- Flusser's book, as I recall, offered guidance FOR mixing stripes, not a prohibition...
doesn't "casual business attire" count? And the rise of the dark merino wool polo shirt/sweater with white t-shirt underneath?