or Connect

Posts by ld111134

Quote: Originally Posted by Bhowie The guy seems to be a little less fit than most. This isn't an issue. It just seems that certain parts of his suit don't fit well. In regards to the shoes. he is wearing a pinstripe suit i.e. business; the shoes aren't very formal or professional. On top of that it seems that he just tried to throw every sartorial bell and whistle on. The fold on the PS screams look at me. The color combo screams look at me. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Francisco D'Anconia That sounds like a jacket I bought there today too. And I think ld111134 bought one today too. Was it loden green with hacking pockets and a ticket pocket? If so, that's the one I got.
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon I've already been to Tru as well, so I would pick L20. I guess we're going to end up at Ba-ba-reeba now that I've exposed our plot! I should have PM'ed Or we can take everyone (and their spouses/significant others/friends) to R.J. Grunts.
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Nice Choice ld. Again, I'm 99% sure I'll be in... but I'm going to wait for last minute to confirm just because my travel is up in the air (literally and figuratively). So... are you planning to use the MASSIVE amount of Lettuce Entertain You points you get from consolidating our cash to pay for this event to take me to Tru or L20 ? Yes, yes, I am. How about the two of us sampling Monsieur...
Just came back. I scored the following for $1,400: Madison(?) 3-piece light gray glen plaid - 3x2 button SB jacket with side vents and notch lapel vest; Madison (?) 3x2 SB green loden sport coat with hacking pocket and ticket pocket and side vents; Madison (?) wool/silk rust with blue windowpane sport coat with side vents; tan gabardine odd trousers; charcoal tropical wook odd trousers; and Peal & Company (Alfred Sargent) chestnut full-brogue monk straps (see...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter yeah, me too. You slacking off, GT?
We will host the Chicago meet-up on Thursday, September 24th. The event will be held in the Winter Garden Room at Brasserie Jo from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. http://www.brasseriejo.com/ Our honored guest will be Paul Grangaard, the CEO of Allen Edmonds, who will chat about the company's new fall line-up. If that weren't enough, Skip and Nick Horween of Chicago's own Horween Leather Company (the world's foremost tanners of shell cordovan) will be stopping by our...
Quote: Originally Posted by LawrenceMD vintage hamilton chronographs. the other vintage hamiltons are not too hard to find but for some reason the vintage hamilton chronographs are scarce (even more so for the vintage hamilton military chronographs). this is a nice brand with ton of history behind each piece. ironically this american brand never had any american made chronograph wristwatch movements there are more pics and info on this...
I am pleased to announce that Skip and Nick Horween from Chicago's own Horween Leather Company, the world's premier tanners of cordovan, will be stopping by our meet-up at Brasserie Jo.
Justin Timberlake rocks that look.