or Connect

Posts by ld111134

Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant Try the crotch thorn. You'll see. Many of those in Mt. Carmel got there because they couldn't hack it. Even more cryptic than usual, C.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brogued Lou, did you ever go into the Rain Dog Cafe in the Fine Arts Building? It was a nice little coffee shop. It's long gone now. The owner had a collection of original Leonard prints hanging on the walls, including the one of Duke watching Ella and that iconic photo of "the street." He got robbed periodically for whatever was in the register. I'd joke with him that he better hope the thieves stay dumb. Never...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant That's so July 2010. My is pinned to my thong. TMI, C.
This information is useful for the belated reception that my wife and I will host for our wedding back in June!
In memoriam to the great photographer, famed for his depictions of great jazz musicians in action. Bud Powell at Birdland "Sweet Papa" Lou Donaldson, Clifford Brown and Elmo Hope at a recording session at WOR studios in New York Duke and Benny enraptured while listening to Ella Fitzgerald at Birdland Dizzy Gillespie fronting his big band Dexter Gordon
Quote: Originally Posted by LaoHu IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 I love shawl collar knits. They are casual and comfortable and perfect for cold weather. And no, they don't work well with sport coats. Agreed...they're really a sport coat alternative.
Vince is intentionally a blank slate - he's the "macguffin" of the show, whose role is to react to the other characters. Seinfeld worked the same way (although "Jerry" was a much more interesting (and funny) creation than "Vince"). The Sasha Grey arc is simply a re-hash of the Mandy Moore arc from many seasons past, i.e. Vince is ready to throw his career away for the sake of a woman. Of course Drama resists Billy's cartoon idea: The very essence of this character...
Ironically, both L&L and the Newport are in the same nice neighborhood near Wrigley Field.
Terrific and informative.